Married Women With Male Friends?

Would you think that most married men would find it troubling if their working or not wives had male friends, whether they be co-workers, old classmates, acquaintances, etc.? As a man, would that bother you? In some situations where she's enjoying lunch with a male co-workers, etc. Yet, they are just friends as far as the place of employment. Yeah, I am sure that many married women have other male friends in their lives other than just their husbands. Perhaps it's the "Close Male Friend" that just may be troubling. Talking about dat dude that she feels that she can discuss her personal business with, etc. I'll leave that right there for da moment. Lets hear your perspective regarding married women having male friends? As a man would such a friendship trouble you? And as a woman, would you agree that it's okay for a married man to have female friends? Or are there or should there be stipulations in each case? Gfb gone....

Comments

• edited January 4
    I think it's dangerous for BOTH a married man or married woman to have single friends, period. If two (married) employee's occasionally have lunch together (at the job), that might be innocent enough, however, leaving the job to have lunch could possibly open the door to some future issues in the long run.

I know for sure NO WOMAN - single or married would be allowed in my home with my man, whenever I'm not there, EVER!

SADLY, there are Some Husbands and Girlfriends that have NO SCRUPLES
  • I think it's dangerous for BOTH a married man or married woman to have single friends, period. If two (married) employee's occasionally have lunch together (at the job), that might be innocent enough, however, leaving the job to have lunch could possibly open the door to some future issues in the long run.

I know for sure NO WOMAN - single or married would be allowed in my home with my man, whenever I'm not there, EVER!

SADLY, there are Some Husbands and Girlfriends that have NO SCRUPLES

You never had lunch on da job with a male co-worker or went and got lunch together? Most only get an hour, etc. That's if you trusted da dude, etc. and he really was a friend. QQ...
  • Yes, I did have lunch with a few guys & girls (at the job), there wasn't any need to leave the job to go to lunch or we all walk across the street to a nearby restaurant. Besides only one guy was married, the other guys/girls and myself were single at the time AND all of us that were single were involved with someone.

All things are easier to explain when it's a small crowd of people going to lunch. Those 'one on one' male/female lunch outings can easily lead to other thangs if not careful.
  • edited January 4
    Yes, I did have lunch with a few guys & girls (at the job), there wasn't any need to leave the job to go to lunch or we all walk across the street to a nearby restaurant. Besides only one guy was married, the other guys/girls and myself were single at the time AND all of us that were single were involved with someone.

All things are easier to explain when it's a small crowd of people going to lunch. Those 'one on one' male/female lunch outings can easily lead to other thangs if not careful.

I know, Gfb been der and done all of that. Yet i have just been a friend to certain women I've known, etc. Whereas i had no designs on them. We'd enjoy lunch, etc. discuss damn near err thang, and that was it. I have lady friends like that today. but Gfb is retired these days, I worked if I feel up to it. Yet, regardless of what's thought, most women do have certain male friends. they trust, enjoy being around, etc. And that's about as far as it goes too! Whut about you?
  • It's 2021. Finally. If someone wants to cheat they're going to cheat. Are you locking them up? Monitoring their every move? Probably not. In which case, if they want to cheat they will. It's that simple. If you think they're not because you have them "under control" then they are either not planning to cheat, haven't had the opportunity, or they have already cheated. The only thing you can do to stop cheating is be with someone who only wants to be with you.

The truth is that no one has control over anyone else. This "control" is an illusion. While you can manipulate someone (like the garden of Eden) to make them think they have no choice but the reality is that relationships are built on mutual trust as well as physical, mental, emotional connections. It's not about ownership. Too often someone gets married and they think they just made a purchase. No, that person is still a free individual. And if they don't subscribe to marriage as some kind of invisible prison where God will strike them down, then the more you treat them like a prisoner or try to control and manipulate them the more you will push them away from you. And if you're pushing your partner away and someone else is waiting with open arms then you are pushing them towards that person whether you like it or not.

For some people the opposite sex is a commodity and relationships are more transactional. If that's the case that person may seek multiple relationships just because they can; sometimes to bolster their self esteem. If you can show them that you're more than enough to boost their self esteem they MIGHT not feel the need to seek someone else's attention. The amount of attention everyone needs is different but especially if they have had abandonment issues or some other psychological issues; like narcissism or psychopathy.

If you cannot handle these people there's no point trying. You're wasting your time and emotions. Don't even wait for them to mess up. Just leave.

Some people do it because they get bored. But boredom means there is a lack of connection. A lack of connection is motive for a potential cheater. It may be that you haven't built that connection yet. It may be that the connection is weak because you don't have enough in common or because you're too much like each other so there's no differences or surprises. Nothing is fresh or new. It may be because you allow things to get stale and repetitive. Some people focus too much on trying to control and almost no energy towards the actual connection.

And then good connections can turn bad.

The relationship can start out good but then one person starts whining, bickering, nagging, complaining, sometimes about the most pettiest of things, and this forces the other person to re-evaluate like a MF! Especially, if a grown adult feels like they're being treated like a child or if the man feels emasculated and there's constant pressure to be more like someone else. Eventually, this often ends up with one person looking for the nearest exit but too often people don't leave right away because its too much of a change to their lives. Instead, they look for someone else and start building a physical and emotional connection. Once the emotional connection is mutual then leaving is just a matter of logistics. But emotionally, they're already gone at that point.

Ultimately, if a person cheats on you it is because you didn't really have them to begin with.
  • @BR...

"I think it's dangerous for BOTH a married man or married woman to have single friends, period.".

Tellin'ya. Whew! The stories I could tell you about single-women friends...and wives. Murcy. Especially, I suppose, in my overall industry. Just put it thissa way...there's a whole lotta lickin' and tongue stickin' in dem dar' hills. Back home, and I suppose by now in NYC fo'sho, there's even a drink for such things. If you're ever out having a drink and some chick offers to buy you a "Blue Lesbian". Well...you'll know what time it is. LMAO!!! Not a bad drink at all, as quiet as it's kept. But...there will be no reason to look at your watch...because you'll KNOW what time it is.
  • edited January 4
    Greg wrote: »
    @BR...

"I think it's dangerous for BOTH a married man or married woman to have single friends, period.".

Tellin'ya. Whew! The stories I could tell you about single-women friends...and wives. Murcy. Especially, I suppose, in my overall industry. Just put it thissa way...there's a whole lotta lickin' and tongue stickin' in dem dar' hills. Back home, and I suppose by now in NYC fo'sho, there's even a drink for such things. If you're ever out having a drink and some chick offers to buy you a "Blue Lesbian". Well...you'll know what time it is. LMAO!!! Not a bad drink at all, as quiet as it's kept. But...there will be no reason to look at your watch...because you'll KNOW what time it is.

I know some men and women that have No Boundaries, for them Sex is just that___ SEX, nothing more and even less. So if you have a girlfriend and your man have this kind of thinking, don't trust either of them being together - behind your back.
  • Greg wrote: »
    @BR...

Amen. Not let's bless the food and eat! LOL!!!

I know some men and women that have No Boundaries, for them Sex is just that___ SEX, nothing more and even less. So if you have a girlfriend and your man have this kind of thinking, don't trust either of them being together - behind your back.

• Now, bless the food and eat!