Intermittent Fasting

I've started doing this again and it's interesting just how much food your body DOESN'T need!
We think we should eat. We think we need to eat. But if our body is steady storing away energy as fat then we're wrong. We're eating too much. But because of this idea that we're "supposed" to eat 3 meals a day we feel wrong for eating less. And who wins? We become good little consumer soldiers, making more money for the companies who produce food. And all that food production takes energy and resources. We've adapted to producing more and more because we have become more and more efficient, sacrificing quality along the way.

But is our over eating, possibly connected to, possibly a result of our over production? In other words, is this a cycle? And is the cycle why we are becoming fatter as a society?

If you're interested in fasting, let me know.

Comments

• From what I've been seeing lately on the news and feeding folks with hard economic consequences, they ain't serving up and passing out Sara Lee Pies & Cakes, and for damn'sho ain't no Blue Bell Ice Cream on the supply-line, Bubba Doo. Sheeeeit...

...every damn time I and the wife send $$$ and boxes and boxes of food...that muthafucka sends me back photos of him and his crew lookin' skinner and skinniest like DC is in the goddamn middle of a civil war and in a famine, to boot! I'm TIRED of that shit!
  • PS: Oh, that muthafucka? I don't want to call him out directly, but he lives on the east coast. He's married. Two sons, over 21. I've known him since around the early 2000's or so. He's in here now. Hint: J/ust P/lease. Like begging. Rotten Mofo!
  • edited January 4
    ZealotX wrote: »
    I've started doing this again and it's interesting just how much food your body DOESN'T need!
    We think we should eat. We think we need to eat. But if our body is steady storing away energy as fat then we're wrong. We're eating too much. But because of this idea that we're "supposed" to eat 3 meals a day we feel wrong for eating less. And who wins? We become good little consumer soldiers, making more money for the companies who produce food. And all that food production takes energy and resources. We've adapted to producing more and more because we have become more and more efficient, sacrificing quality along the way.

But is our over eating, possibly connected to, possibly a result of our over production? In other words, is this a cycle? And is the cycle why we are becoming fatter as a society?

I'm not One to make New Year's resolutions,,,,but, I do intend to eat healthier, more plant food than meat, less sugary foods, but, more healthy fruits to help satisfy my sweet tooth.

For some reason I find it hard to adhere to a fasting routine for very long. Actually, I'm not one of those that need to 'push away from the table' types, but, my greatest downfall is 'Junk Food' it calls me all day long, I'mma turn off that call for the next (3) months and see if I can form a New HABIT of healthy eating.
  • ZealotX wrote: »

Well sir, Squire Zee. I have an unnatural/natural fasting ability. According from my paternal grandmother, every generation she can recall, we've had a diabetic in our family crew. One per. Take a guess who lucked out in the early-mid'ish 1970's? Me. A fuckin' twin brother, and I'm the one that gets kicked in the fuckin' genetic nuts. Didn't kick-in until my mid 20's or so. My only vice? I'm on it now...yes...this eggnog with Jack in the mix. Once a year.
    My buddy JP wants to kill me. Muthafucka has insurance on me. Durty bastard sends me cookies, pies, cakes. brownies and all kinds of shit made by Dee...his wife. Imma off his ratchet ass FIRST! Take a guess who I'm working with?

ysryl18ehohc.gif

• "I've started doing this again and it's interesting just how much food your body DOESN'T need!''.

Indeed. However, the Body and Mind sometimes are in disagreement and the more dominate will reign supreme.

• "I've started doing this again and it's interesting just how much food your body DOESN'T need!".
    But, the thing is, a mind and body alignment to discernment the higher order of Needs Vs Wants.
  • "Indeed. However, the Body and Mind sometimes are in disagreement and the more dominate will reign supreme."

I like this.
  • Thank you, sir. I have to bring my A-Game into your field. B)