Man seen in viral photo in Nancy Pelosi's office is from Northwest Arkansas

https://www.5newsonline.com/article/news/politics/national-politics/man-seen-in-viral-photo-in-nancy-pelosis-office-is-from-northwest-arkansas/527-1e0d9e1b-ebef-4296-859b-9de8c26be2d3?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

NATIONAL POLITICS
Man seen in viral photo in Nancy Pelosi's office is from Northwest Arkansas
A man seen in a viral photo in House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office is Richard Barnett of Gravette, Arkansas.

Author: Casey Frizzell, Jo Ellison, Luke Patrick
Published: 5:59 PM CST January 6, 2021
Updated: 9:20 AM CST January 7, 2021
Facebook Twitter
GRAVETTE, Ark. — A man seen in a viral photo sitting behind a desk in House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office as President Trump supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol is from Northwest Arkansas.

Shortly after President Donald Trump addressed his supporters Wednesday (Jan. 6) afternoon, vowing "never to concede" the election, large crowds of Trump supporters marched to the U.S. Capitol and breached police barricades, making their way into the building and inside Senate chambers.

Among the most striking images was one of a man with his foot on a desk in Pelosi's office. That man is Richard Barnett of Gravette, Arkansas.

5NEWS spoke with Barnett, and he confirmed he was at the protest today when the photo was taken at the desk in Speaker Pelosi's office. He claims he was just looking for a bathroom inside the Capitol building.

"The crowds were unbelievable," he said. "It was the most unpatriotic thing I have seen in my life."

In his interview with 5NEWS, Barnett expressed his anger with police at the U.S. Capitol.

"We marched down there. They start tear-gassing us. They start roughing up our people. It pissed some people off," Barnett said. "They went to the front door, and they started demanding to be let inside. I wasn't even up there at that point. I was climbing the steps to see what was going on. When I got to the top, they had breached the doors and were trying to get in."

Barnett says he was pushed inside the Capitol when protestors broke through the doors and found Pelosi's office sometime later.

He says he carried a flag into her office, left her a note, and was removed by Capitol Police.

"I threw my feet up on the desk at that point. I realized some a**holes had cut me also and I bled on her envelope, so I picked up the envelope and put it in my pocket, and I put a quarter on the desk cause I'm not a thief," Barnett told 5NEWS.

The note he left said," Nancy, Bigo was here, you B****." Bigo is Barnett's nickname.

In July 2020, 5NEWS spoke with Barnett at a rally against face masks in Bentonville.

RELATED: March against face masks held in Bentonville

Barnett faces potential federal charges for storming the U.S. Capitol building.

When asked about the possible federal charges, Barnett said, "Am I scared? Hell no. But yeah, there's a possibility. I didn't do anything. I didn't breach the doors. I got shoved in. I didn't mean to be there. Hell. I was walking around looking for a bathroom."

A woman was killed after being shot by police inside the U.S. Capitol building during the chaos.

Barnett was not near the shooting but believes the woman died a hero.

"She died a hero, a patriot and I feel for her family," he said. "That shouldn't have happened. We went to peacefully protest and that's what we were doing. They started it. Our own police started it."

RELATED: Woman shot, killed inside U.S. Capitol building during riots now identified

RELATED: VERIFY: Fact-checking misinformation in Trump's speech prior to his supporters storming Capitol Hill

Comments

• GOOD JOB, Raion!

Payback Of The Day: The note he left said," Nancy, Bigo was here, you B****." Bigo is Barnett's nickname.

Oh boy oh BOY! I wish I was on Nancy's speed dial.
    "Hey Greg, do me a favor...".
    "Like, just what, specifically".
    "You KNOW, Greg".
    "It's like THAT, huh? Can I bring Raion for help, and for the same kinda immunity?".
    "Yes, no doubt about it. Bring'im.".
    "Usual pay...times two?"
    "You got it...comma runnin'".
    "We're on it. Out.".

• My favorite one is the guy who tazed himself in the nuts and died stealing a portrait. The portrait - is of a man named......Tip 🤣

And the the lady who got trampled - holding a "don't tread on me" flag 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Poetic Justice

• My favorite one is the guy who tazed himself in the nuts and died stealing a portrait. The portrait - is of a man named......Tip 🤣

And the the lady who got trampled - holding a "don't tread on me" flag 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Poetic Justice

Poetic justice, indeed.
    1. Tazed in the nuts...aka shocked in the balls. That's how animals are forced to get a nut when artificalinsemanation is needed. Classic retribution. Get Off, and Gone it the same time. Gotta love the irony.
    2. The chick that got her's. Another winner. Ya' just can't make this kinda shit up. LMAO
  • Hey JP & Raion...

I got one, now. Not original, but it SURELY was chickenshit when the Russians did it to the Germans after the Battle Of Stalingrad. You'll both LOVE this one. I caught it on The History Channel, or The AHC Channel.

So then, somebody decided to march these mofos that attacked their country. WONDERFUL motive to wanna get reeeeeeal even with an opposing force. So, the Rooskis' to decided to march every one of a 100,000 of them...down RED SQUARE. That's a big long ass and wide hike there, buddy'row. And, if you catch it, you'll also see what looks to be every mofo in Russia stand along the whole route, and fuckin' with every German that was in line. Cussin', spittin', shots to the grille, you name it, they did it.

Now, The KIcker. Someone decided to jack it up a notch, but before the Russian troops started the parade...they were damn starving. Then, Commander Raionvich and Colonel Japeechickenshitowitz had a neat idea. "Lets feed them all the Cabbage Surprise".
    You see, boiled cabbage (alone) with BIG CHUNKS of it, and soupy as hell, is a true bitch and a half. It's one of the most POWERFUL LAXATIVES on Earth. Now just imagine 100,000 mofoze taking about a 5-mile or so hike. Stop to shit? Nope. Shot on the spot...in the balls on top of the soup course. The real bitch of it to top it off...take a guess how the Russians made 'em clean it up after the parade.
    The moral is...do your best not to fuck with revenge-minded Russians.