The CHURCH, people are not attending as once did. Why?

edited January 8 in Religion
Why is the Church really necessary? Well if one reads Matthew 6:5 [King James Version] whereas the bible actually really speaks about not going to church. "And when thou prayest, thou shall not be as the hypocrites [are] For they love to pray standing in the synagogues [place of assembly] and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men [verily,] I say unto you, They have their rewards." Therefore, is the church really necessary for prayer, or needed as a intermediary for you when reaching out in prayer to your God? Has the Church become irrelevant? Are the leaders hypocritical while experiencing too much moral failure? Hasn't the Church been a place where legitimate doubt is prohibited? [whereas there can be no religious criticism] whereas believers can't handle the tension that comes with questions! Can it be that all Religions are actually "Camouflaged" Cults, etc.? Most Religions are fortified with violence, deceptions, untruths, and unsubstantiated questionable story telling, etc. And nearly all Religions were started by a human male. Enough said... Gfb.... gone... your turn....
«1

Comments

  • Apparently, they prefer listening to you hooping & Hollarin on the corna. CTFULMAO
  • edited January 8
    Apparently, they prefer listening to you hooping & Hollarin on the corna. CTFULMAO

    I am really feeling da love hea. QQ... @ you, etc. Apparently I think that you have not been happy with these Religious threads. which reinforces what Gfb have said, many folks can't handle the tension these threads often bring, etc. What are you [basicreasoning] so mad about? Your belief system is still intact! Nothing has nor will change regarding your Religion and where you worship. Where is da love???
  • Allow Gfb da say this again, "If you sincerely think someone's post is about you, the truth is, it probably isn't, but you probably see yourself in it. Suggestion... DON'T GET UPSET WITH THE MIRROR, FIX THE REFLECTION." Gfb easing on....
  • edited January 8
    Apparently, they prefer listening to you hooping & Hollarin on the corna. CTFULMAO

    I am really feeling da love hea. QQ... @ you, etc. Apparently I think that you have not been happy with these Religious threads. which reinforces what Gfb have said, many folks can't handle the tension these threads often bring, etc. What are you [basicreasoning] so mad about? Your belief system is still intact! Nothing has nor will change regarding your Religion and where you worship. Where is da love???
    *******************
    What The? You viewed my post to you as me being angry? LMAO

    The point of my comments were; You consistently with redundancy come up with all these religious topics asking the same questions, so I likened you to be a ____ 'street corna preacher', because that's exactly what they do, they walk the block back & forth saying the same thang over and over and over and over. Gfb, you absolutely crack me up.... No anger on my part! Tee hee hee
  • Apparently, they prefer listening to you hooping & Hollarin on the corna. CTFULMAO

    I am really feeling da love hea. QQ... @ you, etc. Apparently I think that you have not been happy with these Religious threads. which reinforces what Gfb have said, many folks can't handle the tension these threads often bring, etc. What are you [basicreasoning] so mad about? Your belief system is still intact! Nothing has nor will change regarding your Religion and where you worship. Where is da love???
    *******************
    What The? You viewed my post to you as me being angry? LMAO

    The point of my comments were; You consistently with redundancy come up with all these religious topics asking the same questions, so I likened you to be a ____ 'street corna preacher', because that's exactly what they do, they walk the block back & forth saying the same thang over and over and over and over. Gfb, you absolutely crack me up.... No anger on my part! Tee hee hee

    What kind of preacher? Gon say it! Fill in da blank! And no these threads are not saying da same thing, etc. each one has a different make up, says something different, etc. but it does bother many people as such threads are seem as an attack upon their religion and or religious beliefs! whut does dat werd redundancy actually mean? Be honest now, each thread elates to a different situation regarding the scriptures, etc. Here we are dealing with da Church... Gfb walking...
  • edited January 9
    What The? You viewed my post to you as me being angry? LMAO

    The point of my comments were; You consistently with redundancy come up with all these religious topics asking the same questions, so I likened you to be a ____ 'street corna preacher', because that's exactly what they do, they walk the block back & forth saying the same thang over and over and over and over. Gfb, you absolutely crack me up.... No anger on my part! Tee hee hee
    [/quote]

    What kind of preacher? Gon say it! Fill in da blank! And no these threads are not saying da same thing, etc. each one has a different make up, says something different, etc. but it does bother many people as such threads are seem as an attack upon their religion and or religious beliefs! whut does dat werd redundancy actually mean? Be honest now, each thread elates to a different situation regarding the scriptures, etc. Here we are dealing with da Church... Gfb walking... [/quote]

    *****************************
    We call them "Street Corn-a Preachers", they walk the same block back & forth tooting the same message over & over again, most folk completely ignore them, or worst, view him/her as a crazy person.

    I have noticed all your religious threads might start out with a different context pertaining to religion BUT ___ they always END the Same.
  • @BR...

    In the writing world, it's called Fixated Redundancy. In short, writing the same thing over and over again in like, or exact manner. Think back, way back. Elementary School. Composition and Penmanship. The whole bit up to high school.
    When we first start school, our vocabulary is limited. Why? We only have to communicate; with our immediate surroundings, parents, perhaps siblings and such. Early schooling and learning changes that. Our little worlds expand. Have a kid or kids? You can verify that yourself. There's more to it, but that's the starting point.
    Then too, it's where your mind is at any given point from cradle to grave. That's where and when the fixation part kicks-in. Let's stay with early schooling one taste more and any other kind of schooling post-elementary/junior/and high school on up.

    How many times can you recall for yourself or any kid(s) you may have had and checked their homework with either words, sentences, or paragraphs that were "red-x'ed" out for redundancy? I even recall still, my problem back then. I was trying to be slick, say around junior high school. I had it in my mind that the more I composed, the better chance was that I'd be right! I still remember her. Mrs. Turner fixed that shit with the quickness...over the course of the semester.

    There were many, many links to choose form, but the first on below sums it up in short.

    1. https://writingcooperative.com/3-types-of-redundant-writing-and-how-to-avoid-them-1f83ff70064b
    2. If you want the whole page, here'ya go:

    https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS916US916&sxsrf=ALeKk00tU5QshANzp4Dj6VW3RnSGykuHcA:1610307816875&ei=6Fj7X6T5NM-AtgXsur-wCg&q=verbosity+relevance+and+redundancy+in+composition&oq=verbosity+relevance+and+redundancy+in+composition&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzIFCCEQoAE6BAgAEEc6BQghEKsCOgcIIRAKEKABUOuMAVig2QFgke0BaABwAngAgAG3AYgBjw-SAQQwLjE1mAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpesgBBsABAQ&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwikjZ2LkJLuAhVPgK0KHWzdD6YQ4dUDCA0&uact=5








  • Greg wrote: »
    @BR...

    In the writing world, it's called Fixated Redundancy. In short, writing the same thing over and over again in like, or exact manner. Think back, way back. Elementary School. Composition and Penmanship. The whole bit up to high school.
    When we first start school, our vocabulary is limited. Why? We only have to communicate; with our immediate surroundings, parents, perhaps siblings and such. Early schooling and learning changes that. Our little worlds expand. Have a kid or kids? You can verify that yourself. There's more to it, but that's the starting point.
    Then too, it's where your mind is at any given point from cradle to grave. That's where and when the fixation part kicks-in. Let's stay with early schooling one taste more and any other kind of schooling post-elementary/junior/and high school on up.

    How many times can you recall for yourself or any kid(s) you may have had and checked their homework with either words, sentences, or paragraphs that were "red-x'ed" out for redundancy? I even recall still, my problem back then. I was trying to be slick, say around junior high school. I had it in my mind that the more I composed, the better chance was that I'd be right! I still remember her. Mrs. Turner fixed that shit with the quickness...over the course of the semester.

    There were many, many links to choose form, but the first on below sums it up in short.

    1. https://writingcooperative.com/3-types-of-redundant-writing-and-how-to-avoid-them-1f83ff70064b
    2. If you want the whole page, here'ya go:

    https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS916US916&sxsrf=ALeKk00tU5QshANzp4Dj6VW3RnSGykuHcA:1610307816875&ei=6Fj7X6T5NM-AtgXsur-wCg&q=verbosity+relevance+and+redundancy+in+composition&oq=verbosity+relevance+and+redundancy+in+composition&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzIFCCEQoAE6BAgAEEc6BQghEKsCOgcIIRAKEKABUOuMAVig2QFgke0BaABwAngAgAG3AYgBjw-SAQQwLjE1mAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpesgBBsABAQ&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwikjZ2LkJLuAhVPgK0KHWzdD6YQ4dUDCA0&uact=5








    Damn... Chump wrote all dat da say whut? I'on't even read dat BS! I just do whut I do! CTFU!! Get ready cause hea I come...
  • What The? You viewed my post to you as me being angry? LMAO

    The point of my comments were; You consistently with redundancy come up with all these religious topics asking the same questions, so I likened you to be a ____ 'street corna preacher', because that's exactly what they do, they walk the block back & forth saying the same thang over and over and over and over. Gfb, you absolutely crack me up.... No anger on my part! Tee hee hee

    What kind of preacher? Gon say it! Fill in da blank! And no these threads are not saying da same thing, etc. each one has a different make up, says something different, etc. but it does bother many people as such threads are seem as an attack upon their religion and or religious beliefs! whut does dat werd redundancy actually mean? Be honest now, each thread elates to a different situation regarding the scriptures, etc. Here we are dealing with da Church... Gfb walking... [/quote]

    *****************************
    We call them "Street Corn-a Preachers", they walk the same block back & forth tooting the same message over & over again, most folk completely ignore them, or worst, view him/her as a crazy person.

    I have noticed all your religious threads might start out with a different context pertaining to religion BUT ___ they always END the Same.
    [/quote]

    So did you attend Church today? Did you really enjoy da sermon? Dat's good.... Later...
  • edited January 10
    Greg wrote: »
    @BR...

    In the writing world, it's called Fixated Redundancy. In short, writing the same thing over and over again in like, or exact manner. Think back, way back. Elementary School. Composition and Penmanship. The whole bit up to high school.
    When we first start school, our vocabulary is limited. Why? We only have to communicate; with our immediate surroundings, parents, perhaps siblings and such. Early schooling and learning changes that. Our little worlds expand. Have a kid or kids? You can verify that yourself. There's more to it, but that's the starting point.
    Then too, it's where your mind is at any given point from cradle to grave. That's where and when the fixation part kicks-in. Let's stay with early schooling one taste more and any other kind of schooling post-elementary/junior/and high school on up.

    How many times can you recall for yourself or any kid(s) you may have had and checked their homework with either words, sentences, or paragraphs that were "red-x'ed" out for redundancy? I even recall still, my problem back then. I was trying to be slick, say around junior high school. I had it in my mind that the more I composed, the better chance was that I'd be right! I still remember her. Mrs. Turner fixed that shit with the quickness...over the course of the semester.

    There were many, many links to choose form, but the first on below sums it up in short.

    1. https://writingcooperative.com/3-types-of-redundant-writing-and-how-to-avoid-them-1f83ff70064b
    2. If you want the whole page, here'ya go:

    *********************

    Yeah I recall, during my English Composition class, teacher was hell on__ 'Redundancy'__ as well as writings that showed 'No clarity in substantive form' and or 'Writing that continued endlessly'. We were to always keep the reader in mind, our 'writings' to form a message that was coherent and condensed as much as possible to keep your reader's attention.
  • Greg wrote: »
    @BR...

    In the writing world, it's called Fixated Redundancy. In short, writing the same thing over and over again in like, or exact manner. Think back, way back. Elementary School. Composition and Penmanship. The whole bit up to high school.
    When we first start school, our vocabulary is limited. Why? We only have to communicate; with our immediate surroundings, parents, perhaps siblings and such. Early schooling and learning changes that. Our little worlds expand. Have a kid or kids? You can verify that yourself. There's more to it, but that's the starting point.
    Then too, it's where your mind is at any given point from cradle to grave. That's where and when the fixation part kicks-in. Let's stay with early schooling one taste more and any other kind of schooling post-elementary/junior/and high school on up.

    How many times can you recall for yourself or any kid(s) you may have had and checked their homework with either words, sentences, or paragraphs that were "red-x'ed" out for redundancy? I even recall still, my problem back then. I was trying to be slick, say around junior high school. I had it in my mind that the more I composed, the better chance was that I'd be right! I still remember her. Mrs. Turner fixed that shit with the quickness...over the course of the semester.

    There were many, many links to choose form, but the first on below sums it up in short.

    1. https://writingcooperative.com/3-types-of-redundant-writing-and-how-to-avoid-them-1f83ff70064b
    2. If you want the whole page, here'ya go:

    *********************

    Yeah I recall, during my English Composition class, teacher was hell on__ 'Redundancy'__ as well as writings that showed 'No clarity in substantive form' and or 'Writing that continued endlessly'. We were to always keep the reader in mind, our 'writings' to form a message that was coherent and condensed as much as possible to keep your reader's attention.

    So when is the next Literacy class? Is writing and english composition, a part of this class? It seems as if you both have excelled in those areas. It's great to learn from the experts, etc. How much is the course? I want to be as famous as the two of you are. Ya'll write so well! do send me an date and time for the first class as that I just might register early. I am looking forward to it. QQ... LMGDBAO... hurry up with that class registration! I definitely want to be a participant. Ohh Oh... can i sit on da front row??? Gfb ova hea rollin'
  • The church is the remnant of a "government" that controls the people using the authority of "God". This doesn't benefit the people except that they feel a need to be under control.

    Those who no longer feel this need may still go for the sake of the "sinner support group"... the social aspects where church becomes a different and "wholesome" form of entertainment. If you go to the right church... with really good music? People go just for the energy alone.

    Is it necessary? Not really. But... different people need different things, different mental stimulation, different social interactions. All this is like different kinds of food in a balanced diet.

    But because the younger generation is finding more problems with the church than benefits and they see less of a need for control, (because perhaps they see the value in non-religious ethics and social norms) and cannot justify the racism, misogyny, homophobia, and other intolerances of the bible, they're simply turning to spirituality or nothing at all.

    It's really the older generations that are keeping churches going.
  • Greg wrote: »
    @BR...

    In the writing world, it's called Fixated Redundancy. In short, writing the same thing over and over again in like, or exact manner. Think back, way back. Elementary School. Composition and Penmanship. The whole bit up to high school.
    When we first start school, our vocabulary is limited. Why? We only have to communicate; with our immediate surroundings, parents, perhaps siblings and such. Early schooling and learning changes that. Our little worlds expand. Have a kid or kids? You can verify that yourself. There's more to it, but that's the starting point.
    Then too, it's where your mind is at any given point from cradle to grave. That's where and when the fixation part kicks-in. Let's stay with early schooling one taste more and any other kind of schooling post-elementary/junior/and high school on up.

    How many times can you recall for yourself or any kid(s) you may have had and checked their homework with either words, sentences, or paragraphs that were "red-x'ed" out for redundancy? I even recall still, my problem back then. I was trying to be slick, say around junior high school. I had it in my mind that the more I composed, the better chance was that I'd be right! I still remember her. Mrs. Turner fixed that shit with the quickness...over the course of the semester.

    There were many, many links to choose form, but the first on below sums it up in short.

    1. https://writingcooperative.com/3-types-of-redundant-writing-and-how-to-avoid-them-1f83ff70064b
    2. If you want the whole page, here'ya go:

    *********************

    Yeah I recall, during my English Composition class, teacher was hell on__ 'Redundancy'__ as well as writings that showed 'No clarity in substantive form' and or 'Writing that continued endlessly'. We were to always keep the reader in mind, our 'writings' to form a message that was coherent and condensed as much as possible to keep your reader's attention.


    So when is the next Literacy class? Is writing and english composition, a part of this class? It seems as if you both have excelled in those areas. It's great to learn from the experts, etc. How much is the course? I want to be as famous as the two of you are. Ya'll write so well! do send me an date and time for the first class as that I just might register early. I am looking forward to it. QQ... LMGDBAO... hurry up with that class registration! I definitely want to be a participant. Ohh Oh... can i sit on da front row??? Gfb ova hea rollin'

    *****************************

    har har har you're always setting in the class occupying the seat on the last roll, writing poetry about someone in the class, maybe even da teacher!

  • ZealotX wrote: »
    The church is the remnant of a "government" that controls the people using the authority of "God". This doesn't benefit the people except that they feel a need to be under control.

    Those who no longer feel this need may still go for the sake of the "sinner support group"... the social aspects where church becomes a different and "wholesome" form of entertainment. If you go to the right church... with really good music? People go just for the energy alone.

    Is it necessary? Not really. But... different people need different things, different mental stimulation, different social interactions. All this is like different kinds of food in a balanced diet.

    But because the younger generation is finding more problems with the church than benefits and they see less of a need for control, (because perhaps they see the value in non-religious ethics and social norms) and cannot justify the racism, misogyny, homophobia, and other intolerances of the bible, they're simply turning to spirituality or nothing at all.

    It's really the older generations that are keeping churches going.

    ****************************

    I agree and yet I disagree. I agree, that the older generation is keeping the church going (they're suppose to), that's part of their function, to instruct and guide their youth in the church. ___ I disagree that the white children or finding less benefits in their local churches.____ White children are fully engaged in church (WHY), it's about them ___ they have all kinds of outlets in their local churches, there are so many extracurricular activies going on in these churches (especially) mega churches. They build their churches with their children in mind, they have classrooms where they tutor their children, guide them in career opportunities, not to mention the loads of fun activities for them to enjoy. You'd be surprised.

    Black churches generally offer 'singing in the choir' and that's about it.
  • Greg wrote: »
    @BR...

    In the writing world, it's called Fixated Redundancy. In short, writing the same thing over and over again in like, or exact manner. Think back, way back. Elementary School. Composition and Penmanship. The whole bit up to high school.
    When we first start school, our vocabulary is limited. Why? We only have to communicate; with our immediate surroundings, parents, perhaps siblings and such. Early schooling and learning changes that. Our little worlds expand. Have a kid or kids? You can verify that yourself. There's more to it, but that's the starting point.
    Then too, it's where your mind is at any given point from cradle to grave. That's where and when the fixation part kicks-in. Let's stay with early schooling one taste more and any other kind of schooling post-elementary/junior/and high school on up.

    How many times can you recall for yourself or any kid(s) you may have had and checked their homework with either words, sentences, or paragraphs that were "red-x'ed" out for redundancy? I even recall still, my problem back then. I was trying to be slick, say around junior high school. I had it in my mind that the more I composed, the better chance was that I'd be right! I still remember her. Mrs. Turner fixed that shit with the quickness...over the course of the semester.

    There were many, many links to choose form, but the first on below sums it up in short.

    1. https://writingcooperative.com/3-types-of-redundant-writing-and-how-to-avoid-them-1f83ff70064b
    2. If you want the whole page, here'ya go:

    *********************

    Yeah I recall, during my English Composition class, teacher was hell on__ 'Redundancy'__ as well as writings that showed 'No clarity in substantive form' and or 'Writing that continued endlessly'. We were to always keep the reader in mind, our 'writings' to form a message that was coherent and condensed as much as possible to keep your reader's attention.


    So when is the next Literacy class? Is writing and english composition, a part of this class? It seems as if you both have excelled in those areas. It's great to learn from the experts, etc. How much is the course? I want to be as famous as the two of you are. Ya'll write so well! do send me an date and time for the first class as that I just might register early. I am looking forward to it. QQ... LMGDBAO... hurry up with that class registration! I definitely want to be a participant. Ohh Oh... can i sit on da front row??? Gfb ova hea rollin'

    *****************************

    har har har you're always setting in the class occupying the seat on the last roll, writing poetry about someone in the class, maybe even da teacher!

    u be one of dem teachers? I see you... QQ... Gfb ova hea thinking...
  • BR: I disagree that the white children or finding less benefits in their local churches.____ White children are fully engaged in church (WHY), it's about them ___ they have all kinds of outlets in their local churches, there are so many extracurricular activies going on in these churches (especially) mega churches.

    Okay, that is a reasonable argument and I can accept that.
    My question for you is... if white churches didn't have all these extra curricular activities would white children leave too?
    On one hand you could make the argument that churches should grow large enough to encompass a child's entire life.
    On the other hand you could make the argument that it is only because the church expanded and invaded other elements of kids lives and their parents can use those things to reinforce the religious programming, that these kids can't escape.

    SHOULD the church really be using this expansion; ie. things that have nothing to do with God, in order to hold on to kids who would otherwise leave? I mean belief is something that children should choose. Parents too often treat it like it's something they need to push their kids into.

    I was raised in the SDA church. We had our own version of Boy Scouts called Pathfinders. We had a basketball league. We had family nights with all kinds of bowling and other family entertainment social events. And yes these things all slowed as I got older but it's not like the kids of my generation really had an option to go or not. And we wouldn't fight our parents because we had each other. But as we graduated we drifted apart and whatever loyalty we might feel, it was never about the church. It was always about the people. If you went to a bad church then what you're saying is that the people were bad because the church IS it's people. But even if you loved the people, as I did, and as we loved each other, that isn't the same as loyalty to the institution which served as the facilitator. We went to a small church. It wasn't perfect, and most of the pastors they picked were more suited to the older crowd. But most of my generation from that church didn't have the church hurt and scarring that other people seem to get because of gossip and other issues. I think they just grew up.
  • ZealotX wrote: »
    BR: I disagree that the white children or finding less benefits in their local churches.____ White children are fully engaged in church (WHY), it's about them ___ they have all kinds of outlets in their local churches, there are so many extracurricular activies going on in these churches (especially) mega churches.

    Okay, that is a reasonable argument and I can accept that.
    My question for you is... if white churches didn't have all these extra curricular activities would white children leave too?
    On one hand you could make the argument that churches should grow large enough to encompass a child's entire life.
    On the other hand you could make the argument that it is only because the church expanded and invaded other elements of kids lives and their parents can use those things to reinforce the religious programming, that these kids can't escape.

    SHOULD the church really be using this expansion; ie. things that have nothing to do with God, in order to hold on to kids who would otherwise leave? I mean belief is something that children should choose. Parents too often treat it like it's something they need to push their kids into.

    I was raised in the SDA church. We had our own version of Boy Scouts called Pathfinders. We had a basketball league. We had family nights with all kinds of bowling and other family entertainment social events. And yes these things all slowed as I got older but it's not like the kids of my generation really had an option to go or not. And we wouldn't fight our parents because we had each other. But as we graduated we drifted apart and whatever loyalty we might feel, it was never about the church. It was always about the people. If you went to a bad church then what you're saying is that the people were bad because the church IS it's people. But even if you loved the people, as I did, and as we loved each other, that isn't the same as loyalty to the institution which served as the facilitator. We went to a small church. It wasn't perfect, and most of the pastors they picked were more suited to the older crowd. But most of my generation from that church didn't have the church hurt and scarring that other people seem to get because of gossip and other issues. I think they just grew up.

    ************************

    LOVE is the Primary Ingredient, the Love of God and the Love of your fellow man. So when a church can keep their children functioning within the parameters of Love, that's an Ideal situation. Church does not and should not be ___ Heavy Lifting for parents or children, it should be a gathering to teach children how to care about people, how to learn how to accept differences of opinions, how to initiate partnership in a variety of ways.

    Yes, for Christians God is the Center, but, he allows us to branch out from that center. He encourages us to be 'Our brother's keeper' among many other things. When children are ___Preoccupied with good things in their lives they are whole lot__LESS LIKELY to get caught in the snares of the ruthless potholes in life.____ I think if black children had __MORE advantages in their local churches as does many of these white children___Black communities would be doing a hell of a lot better. Missing fathers will be less of a drag on many of these black kids.

    I remember several years ago.......and ...For a short time we had tutor's to come to our church twice a week to tutor students (right) after school for 90 minutes 4:15pm until 5:45pm ___ finally the pastor stopped it after awhile, because the only folk that showed up were the school teachers/counselors, we don't know what happened to the children. If nothing more those children were in safe zones for 90 minutes, parents should have thrilled with that.
  • BR:LOVE is the Primary Ingredient, the Love of God and the Love of your fellow man. So when a church can keep their children functioning within the parameters of Love, that's an Ideal situation. Church does not and should not be ___ Heavy Lifting for parents or children, it should be a gathering to teach children how to care about people, how to learn how to accept differences of opinions, how to initiate partnership in a variety of ways.

    Church has been a good influence for you as it has for me. I'm not against the social and community aspects of it. I just don't like the pretense. For some people the motivation is simply to do good. If you were in a decision-making position to do these things in your church I would trust you because I believe you are honest and genuine.

    However...

    When it comes to power its like the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. It's how you use it. God obviously had this knowledge but he believed himself responsible enough to use it wisely. As you said, it should be about love. But in the wrong hands it is purely about power. And so you are thinking "how can we help these kids?", but someone else may be thinking "how can we get more kids to keep the church going?". These questions are not the same. We can wink at the second question because one person will see keeping the church going from the vantage point of the church's ability to help more people. Helping people is an expression of love. But when you help people for your own selfish reasons... for example... a celebrity using good deeds for self promotion... then helping is only incidental to your true desires.

    The reason we have separation between church and state today is because of what I'm talking about.

    There wasn't one person in the Catholic church that screwed the pooch (and by pooch I mean young boys), there was a whole system of people, working towards elevating the power of the church and they killed hundreds of millions of people. So power is very dangerous in the wrong hands and when you create a whole tree... not just divide fruit and hand a single fruit to different people... but when you have a whole tree of this fruit and you give that tree to one person or one small group... if there is corruption in that group then the whole world may suffer as a result.

    Let's not forget that many Christians fled to America. They fled because they were afraid for their lives, not from some atheist non-religious government, but from the church.

    Protestants exist because Martin Luther protested against the church. And by church I mean Universal (because that's what catholic means) Christianity. So there is no group who should know the dangers of giving too much power and control to the church than Christians. If you lived during the dark ages you, yourself, may have been burned for heresy.

    Where's the love?

    The SDA church didn't really need to create "Pathfinders". Boy Scouts is already a decent organization. So is Girl Scouts. Many of the people who are scout masters are Christians. The boy scout pledge starts off with "On my honor I will do my duty to God and my country". Then you have YMCAs. My oldest does gymnastics there. You also have the Boys and Girls club. These options are better, in my opinion, because you don't have to go to a specific denomination or church so you're not limited who teaches or what friends you can make while you're there. My daughter may have more white friends than black because of gymnastics and that being their common interest. And because of my daughter those kids will be less likely to agree with the racists in their community because they are friends with a black girl who is both smart and athletic.

    Churches, on the other hand, tend to be more isolated and insulated. They don't just want to share love. It's kind of like they want to control it. There are many Christians who don't believe they can find a mate outside the church because they can't be "unequally yoked" with nonbelievers. And so even if they preach unconditional love there are hidden restrictions and conditions and they hope and pray for God to return, knowing that this return would be the judgement of the world and those who believe in hell, these prayers also would, if they worked, hasten the destruction of billions of lives, the deaths of millions of innocent children, and the torture of souls who never murdered anyone but who simply didn't believe.

    All so THEY can enjoy a heavenly retirement package. Is that love? Is that really, really, really what love is all about?

    And there are plenty of white kids, like Bill Maher, who went to a religious school and hated it. These institutions often produce the most vocal and outspoken people who aren't just non-religious but actually antireligious. All the social programs in the world cannot help the church if they are producing bad experiences and don't have the love... that ideal love, that I would trust you to manage, but certainly that many other people don't have and therefore cannot be responsible for.

    Therefore, when the church runs it... it often fails. When individuals, affiliated with the church or not, get involved with non-church controlled organizations, I think it's the best of both worlds because those people are often doing it for the right reasons and because its not promoting a particular church, then it can be about the kids.
  • edited January 12
    ^^^^

    I don't ascribe to the 'equally yoke' ___ being viable (JUST) for Christians, it's viable because it's the best route for One's journey. Even a non-christian need to mate up with someone that equally equates to themselves, a couple should be traveling on the same path. I'm not one that advance the notice that 'Opposites' attract. I'm not attracted to my complete opposite___ I have never been involved with someone that was completely opposite of my way of thinking. Oh, little minor things can be dismissed such as, I like chocolate ice-cream__ he likes strawberry ice-cream. Lol ____ but, bigger differences can present a problem for a couple traveling in different directions.
  • I'll just keep it short, if possible.

    1. Childhood Habit. If you went to Grandma's (Paternal) house for Easter festivities and a sit-down dinner, she was counting heads at the Church front-door...period. If not? You're welcome AFTER dinner. Then, just eggnog and pie...cookies if she made any.
    2. These days? No. Not with CV-19 lurking around. With the two youngest, our twins, I'll park them in LA's CCC telecasts with Fredrick Price as I was a member of when I still lived there. Kat covers the Catholic side of things w/o any jazz.
    3. Grandma wasn't preachy (to adults anyway, initially), she just had Rules that governed her house...and her kitchen and the food that came out of it. Example...

    Had a first-cuz; Nathaniel 8X (get the demomation?). Even he bucked-up and went to church with the rest of us. But...I kinda doubt he shared this info to the rest of "The Nation".
  • edited January 12
    ^^^^^^^

    I'm still a follower of Fred Price and his Son. They are some teaching ministers.
    Fred Jr, is breaking down the racial component in the Bible, it's been genuinely thrilling.
  • @BR...

    " I've got sunshine on a cloudy day
    When it's cold outside
    I've got the month of May
    I guess you'd say
    What can make me feel this way
    My girl, my girl, my girl
    Talkin' 'bout my girl
    My girl...oooooou...yeah...".

    Oh. I'm kinda charming, too. B)
  • Greg wrote: »
    @BR...

    " I've got sunshine on a cloudy day
    When it's cold outside
    I've got the month of May
    I guess you'd say
    What can make me feel this way
    My girl, my girl, my girl
    Talkin' 'bout my girl
    My girl...oooooou...yeah...".

    Oh. I'm kinda charming, too. B)

    ***************************

    :p I feel ya. :D
  • edited January 12
    BR: I don't ascribe to the 'equally yoke' ___ being viable (JUST) for Christians, it's viable because it's the best route for One's journey.


    Let's take it a step further. If someone is the same as you then you don't have to change or compromise at all. Your life is great because you never have to compromise. You react to situations the same way. You perfectly understand each other. You don't even need to talk because you always agree. Does this sound good?


    The reason opposites attract is because people have a subconscious desire towards balance.

    One person may be loud and the other quiet. Couples don't need to be opposites in every single way. That would be silly. But the CONFLICT between ideas... like the conflict between sexual organs... is the very thing that recreates life.

    In fact, if you don't have enough biodiversity in your mate then the offspring can have physical deformities.

    People like same because they don't like change. Same is easier. Requires less work.

    If someone is different from you they can pull things out of you that you didn't know were even in there. The conflict can make both better because you strip away the parts of you over time that you see as less valuable to the greater good of the relationship, much like a sinner encounters Yeshua/Jesus as an "opposite" and, by following him, merges with his mindset, merges with the "ruach hakodesh" (the holy spirit). And that is when a person can change and become a better person; not by being the same but by seeing someone different and wanting to be more like this example of righteousness.

    The bible says of David that he was a man after God's own heart. So it seems like he loved him based on similarities and yet he was clearly different and had his own problems, just as Adam did, just as we all do. But we all need that balance.

    It's not really a journey if you don't have to change because you're already at your destination.
  • edited January 13
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Zealotx, you'll have to write to me in paragrahs____write one paragraph - send, write a second paragraph then - send, so on and so forth, your post are entirely too long if you want me or perhaps others to respond to your post. It's too time consuming. :)

    God made the statement about David because ___ David knew that he needed to repent of his wrong doings and ask God for forgiveness. God know that WE as humans are__ All FLAWED, David never tried to deny to God of his sinful deeds, he owned up to them and ALWAYS asked God to forgive him of his Sins.

    And___ not everything have to be viewed in the 'literal' sense, just in the probable sense. There can never be another person absolutely the same as YOU, we're all individuals, the point I was making was a couple should be traveling in the same direction, when couples are the complete opposite of each other, there's going to be a__tug of war__ everytime THEY turn around, not saying a couple traveling in the same path/direction won't have differences of opinions from time to time in the relationship, but, it won't be in the extremes, because their primary focus is based on the well-being of their relationship____ YIELDING___ one to another is tantamount to the good of any relationship.
  • ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Zealotx, you'll have to write to me in paragrahs____write one paragraph - send, write a second paragraph then - send, so on and so forth, your post are entirely too long if you want me or perhaps others to respond to your post. It's too time consuming. :)

    God made the statement about David because ___ David knew that he needed to repent of his wrong doings and ask God for forgiveness. God know that WE as humans are__ All FLAWED, David never tried to deny to God of his sinful deeds, he owned up to them and ALWAYS asked God to forgive him of his Sins.

    And___ not everything have to be viewed in the 'literal' sense, just in the probable sense. There can never be another person absolutely the same as YOU, we're all individuals, the point I was making was a couple should be traveling in the same direction, when couples are the complete opposite of each other, there's going to be a__tug of war__ everytime THEY turn around, not saying a couple traveling in the same path/direction won't have differences of opinions from time to time in the relationship, but, it won't be in the extremes, because their primary focus is based on the well-being of their relationship____ YIELDING___ one to another is tantamount to the good of any relationship.

    Look, I'll just give you my long and short of it.

    If you have any pull with God whatsoever. Just hit His digits and ask, NO! BEG HIM to, and I quote...
    'Please oh please God, cut Greg some slack. I know, I know. He's been a REAL durty kinda muthafucka in his lifetime, but he wasn't killin' Jews and he damn'sho didn't have his hands in that nailin' Jesus up on The Cross. I know...I know...he's been a real-deal durty mothafucka, but his sins aren't in the max-range. Cut him some slack...Thanks...Signed...BR.

    Word, for word. Do the best you can. I NEED all the breaks I can get. Thanks...Greg.
  • @Z...

    "If someone is the same as you then you don't have to change or compromise at all.".

    We, the Lion Food, (LOL) "equally yoked". B)
  • Or, if not quite equally, the best you can get to it.
Sign In or Register to comment.