Immigration Policy

What is your opinion about 'immigration laws', how should immigrants be handled that come to this country unlawfully?

Comments

• Unlawfully huh? Oops. Gotta make this one a priorty and very, very clear to Nandi ain't on my case. OK here we go: ALL black folks get pass, or rather more slack, but conditional. Better believe it. We ain't having any mofos with felony records IF they caught a case and the record reflected there was GREAT CAUSE AND A SHITLOAD OF REASONABLE DOUBT (USA Standards) and any other kind/kinds fuckery in the background. Lets call it for now, 60% and up. Bound to be some fuck-ups tho'...soooooo? Just depends.
    New Just In. Guess who's Twitter Account just got Suspended? Heeheeheehee.
  • edited January 19
    There's a rash of immigrants coming to our Borders, could it be for Biden's inaugural ceremony? LMMAO

Biden told them___Now is NOT the time for them to come flooding into this country. He's trying to work out something for the immigrants that are Already here!
  • ^AGREED 100%^
    Now, no. Later?
    Come'a runnin'.
  • Greg wrote: »
    ^AGREED 100%^
    Now, no. Later?
    Come'a runnin'.

Biden is absolutely right, he's got to have time to devise a workable immigration policy that will deal with the immigrants Already here, he Just might have to Shut the Border down (UNTIL) after he's in a position to lead.
  • HELL YEAH!!! And one more damn good reason. We don't NEED ANYMORE MOFOS in the USA; period, until this CV-19 crap is arrested and I mean waaaaaaaaay down arrested and below this pandemic jazz with folks dropping at the rate of approximately 3,000 per day.
    HELL YEAH!!! And one more damn good reason. We don't NEED ANYMORE MOFOS in the USA; period, until this CV-19 crap is arrested and I mean waaaaaaaaay down arrested and below this pandemic jazz with folks dropping at the rate of approximately 3,000 per day.

Greg_________I totally agree.
    HELL YEAH!!! And one more damn good reason. We don't NEED ANYMORE MOFOS in the USA; period, until this CV-19 crap is arrested and I mean waaaaaaaaay down arrested and below this pandemic jazz with folks dropping at the rate of approximately 3,000 per day.

Greg_________I totally agree.

Guuuurl, lemme tell you just how far I'd go if I had my way. Immigration into the the USA? OK, done deal. Next, if you don't live in Texas (as a legal-resident), DO NOT come to Texas. Folks with vehicles without Texas license-plates? Only ONE pass will get you past our borders, and we're going to checking like Hell. You best be packing in your purse or wallet, some kinda VALID Texas ID card or a Texas DL. Something legit. Also and even then and if you own a home in Texas, it takes less than 5-minutes to check any given Texas County Appraisal District and see who owns what, by Name. Live in an apartment, with somebody in a home or apartment, whatever else? We'll deal with that once I become the Governor Of Texas. B)
  • edited January 22
    Yeah, I admit it ____ the immigration situation has long been 'out of control'. As bad as some things are for immigrants fleeing from their country, we CAN NOT just open our borders to all of them. They are going to have to follow the laws of the land.
  • Immigration problems are, I think if you trace them back to their source, a consequence of the US's influence in the world and Globalization.

Let's look at it this way.

The world has finite resources; including human resources.

The reason companies become global is to make higher profits.

The bigger they are the easier they can compete against other companies in their industry.

Name an American car brand. Now name a Japanese car brand. Now name a European car brand. Now name a South American car brand.

The problem is economics.

Corporations set up a pipeline. Their products might be designed by US designers or engineers. If you are part of this process then you have a part in the economy. But then they manufacture in China. So the Chinese eat. And then they distribute and sell those products all over the world.

If your part of the world is consuming more than you are producing then you are running a deficit and will be in debt. It's only a matter of time before you can no longer borrow.
  • We have seen mom and pop stores in America get completely swallowed by Walmart and we've even seen Walmart threatened by Amazon except for the fact that Amazon doesn't have local grocery stores which is actually why they acquired Whole Foods. So when they start delivering groceries to your door more quickly and conveniently than you would get them from Walmart or Kroger's then that will become a serious threat, even to them.

But imagine what even much smaller global companies can do to mom and pop stores in other countries. It's not so much about McDonalds and Walmart locations popping up. But rather what is being sold on those shelves.

Example: The black hair industry is huge but Asians are getting much of the benefit. Why? Because they own most of the stores even though we own most of the barbershops and salons. If you're thinking "we don't we sell our own products using these barbershops and salons" then you'd be right. It's a big strategy debacle. But one of the problems with their stores is that they control what's on the shelves. So if there's a black owned product they move it to a lower shelf and they copy it (because they're famous for violating any sort of copyright or intellectual property). They will eventually remove the black owned product entirely and replace with their knock offs.

So black people consume the products but since we don't produce them all of the money for that sale goes to the Asian community.
  • So if you're in South America and more products are being imported than produced, then that money is flowing out of the country and there's no jobs being created to produce enough of their own products. And if their products cannot compete with lower priced options from the US or Asia then people will buy those because they can't afford the higher priced goods.

The cycle gets worse and in the vacuum people produce drugs and drugs become the big business in many places because other countries may not take their grapes or melons or whatever, but we will take their drugs.

And so the drug industry rules and recruits younger children and this causes their parents to want to flee.

But this problem partially started and is partially due to American companies not producing goods and services in their countries but selling to them and beating their companies and monopolizing the global marketplace. Japan has been able to compete because of technology. China, sells cheap labor. The middle east has fuel. Africa... natural mineral resources (but still not in a great place). Mexico and South America? They have drugs.

By creating the demand for drugs and hurting other parts of local economies the US is a contributing force to what they become and so its natural that they should want to come here; to get back some of the money that they are losing to the United States in trade. I don't blame them at all.
  • What is the solution?

First. Understand that we are partly to blame for their economic problems. The solution is to require global industries build factories and production in every country they wish to operate and/or sell. So even if the brand is primarily owned by investors in the US it needs to create jobs wherever it sells products and those people need to be able to buy stock in any company they have the ability to work for.

Companies need to also contribute part of their regional sales to regional health and education. There needs to be a pathway to knowledge so that children from these areas can compete for jobs around the world without necessarily leaving home. If we are going to allow globalization then go all the way with it, not doing it in a way that excludes so many people from profit.
  • BR...
    "Yeah, I admit it ____ the immigration situation has long been 'out of control'. As bad as some things are for immigrants fleeing from their country, we CAN NOT just open our borders to all of them. They are going to have to follow the laws of the land.".

Well, thankfully or not, and depending on where one stands at the literal moment(s), CV-19 these days has stepped-in as a kinda regulatory agent on the immigration question and to greater and lesser degrees. I can't recall now if I ever mentioned it in BV before now, I think? However...

...my sibs and I...and a shitload of first-cousins are just one-generation on my mother's side; the O'Neale's side, of being immigrants ourselves. Not ONE of them, the originals, are natural born and raised USA citizens from Mom on-back, and she's the youngest of her tribe. ALL, oops. Hold it. I'll get to it last.
    Half of her original tribe are Yardies. Naturally born in Jamaica; Queen Anne's Parrish, in Kingston to nail it. Now, my grandfather came from Barbados. That's all he ever copped-to in this Life. For whatever difference it may or may not made, after seeing early young man pics of him, he looked like something of a legal nonconformist, if you get my drift. *cough...THUG...cough* I know damn well he land in the USA with much, or ANY, grip, duckets, loot, cash-money, and credit-cards hadn't been conceived yet. And, if Ol' Rod ever had a job in the USA until he died...he damn'sho kept it secret azza'muthafucka.

• "Immigration problems are, I think if you trace them back to their source, a consequence of the US's influence in the world and Globalization.".

At the moment and foreseeable future...I don't disagree one iota.
    However...the "world" and "Globalization" ; and as connected they are and may be, are a tad lower down on the totem pole when it comes to and compared with where it's an IMMEDIATE fat ass concern with my family/families...friends...and other S.O.'s are concerned. I eat after my tribe(s) eats. So to say. The Corps, again. Officers eat after the enlisted-personnel. Especially after the "trigger-pullers", when practical.
    BR...
    "Yeah, I admit it ____ the immigration situation has long been 'out of control'. As bad as some things are for immigrants fleeing from their country, we CAN NOT just open our borders to all of them. They are going to have to follow the laws of the land.".

Well, thankfully or not, and depending on where one stands at the literal moment(s), CV-19 these days has stepped-in as a kinda regulatory agent on the immigration question and to greater and lesser degrees. I can't recall now if I ever mentioned it in BV before now, I think? However...

...my sibs and I...and a shitload of first-cousins are just one-generation on my mother's side; the O'Neale's side, of being immigrants ourselves. Not ONE of them, the originals, are natural born and raised USA citizens from Mom on-back, and she's the youngest of her tribe. ALL, oops. Hold it. I'll get to it last.
    Half of her original tribe are Yardies. Naturally born in Jamaica; Queen Anne's Parrish, in Kingston to nail it. Now, my grandfather came from Barbados. That's all he ever copped-to in this Life. For whatever difference it may or may not made, after seeing early young man pics of him, he looked like something of a legal nonconformist, if you get my drift. *cough...THUG...cough* I know damn well he land in the USA with much, or ANY, grip, duckets, loot, cash-money, and credit-cards hadn't been conceived yet. And, if Ol' Rod ever had a job in the USA until he died...he damn'sho kept it secret azza'muthafucka.

Understandable, it's always been the dream of immigrants, if WE can just get to america our lives will be so much better.
  • Greg: However...the "world" and "Globalization" ; and as connected they are and may be, are a tad lower down on the totem pole when it comes to and compared with where it's an IMMEDIATE fat ass concern with my family/families...friends...and other S.O.'s are concerned.

Yes, but because they are connected then if you always and consistent choose self over world/planet, then it causes an imbalance in the global equation. When immigrants move to the US it is consequence of the imbalance and a natural activity of response to rebalance the equation.

I don't know about your family but they are probably a lot like mine. After my dad immigrated to the US he and his other brothers who had moved off the island set money to help the family back in Jamaica. This is the same thing that I believe a lot of Mexicans and Hispanics do. Because the wealth of the world has shifted to America, the world basically comes to America to get it back.

Of course they're not really getting it back. They're only mitigating some of the damage done by the imbalance.

For me, the only benefit I see in Christianity is the desire to love others as you love yourself. And I guess if that fails then at least do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Christianity is supposed to teach love in a way that would mitigate the selfishness and greed of seeking wealth and power. Obviously, this hasn't worked very well and I believe the culprit is Christianity's belief in Jesus as a substitute... as sacrificial lamb they can put all their past AND FUTURE sins upon. This doctrine is a disaster and has allowed capitalism to flourish in a way that is destroying the Earth.

Because who is capitalism mostly pushed by if not Christian nations?

And it is Christian nations who have the most global interest and power. It's very interesting when you think about it. But again... it's basically redundant as explanation to what I've been saying about how religion is used to justify the pathway to wealth and power.
  • "Because who is capitalism mostly pushed by if not Christian nations?

And it is Christian nations who have the most global interest and power. It's very interesting when you think about it. But again... it's basically redundant as explanation to what I've been saying about how religion is used to justify the pathway to wealth and power.".

Well for starts, Russia and its satellites, and China (Mainland) do a banged up job of putting they're Rubles and Yen in a fairly monetarily sweet spot for they're coffers from all appearances to me. Except, for something resembling "equitable-distribution" when one considers, of sorts, for the USSR. Now China? Slightly different story, methinks. My understanding is woefully limited for both, except a tad of their post-WWII social history up to a point.
    As for this part, "And it is Christian nations who have the most global interest and power.", I was just considering the Top Three when the USA is considered, and not the rest of United Nations and it's direct players and/or it's satellite contributing countries/nations. Whoops! I'd also would add Israel to the list and making it round out to a Top Four, and $$$ wise runner-up, the UAE.

Finally, let me point something out in pertaining particulars right now. I'm neither a diplomat or economist. I'm in deeeeeep water and on my own on this one. At the end of the day, I'm just a smart alecky kid from South Central LA that knows his way around filmmaking, as it pertains to the written storyline/scenario, and little more. The rest, if any? If I've read it (most anything), I'll remember it and throw my 2-cents into the pot.
  • You have to adjust for type of economy because if the government has all the money then obviously that's not wealth (for the people). So if you wanted to be rich in those places you either personally know people in government or you are people in government. Otherwise you'd go live somewhere else where you can take your money with you. For example, Jackie Chan and Jet Li; neither of them live in China.
  • ZealotX wrote: »
    You have to adjust for type of economy because if the government has all the money then obviously that's not wealth (for the people). So if you wanted to be rich in those places you either personally know people in government or you are people in government. Otherwise you'd go live somewhere else where you can take your money with you. For example, Jackie Chan and Jet Li; neither of them live in China.

Hmmm. I know an an exception or two having lived there for awhile, and where I first met my spouse-mouse while she and a few of her buddies came there for vacation. Mazatlan, Sinaloa, DF., but I get your drift.

• strAightalk1strAightalk1 AUGUSTA, GEORGIA
    Greg wrote: »
    HELL YEAH!!! And one more damn good reason. We don't NEED ANYMORE MOFOS in the USA; period, until this CV-19 crap is arrested and I mean waaaaaaaaay down ARRESTED and below this pandemic jazz with folks dropping at the rate of approximately 3,000 per day.

:o VIOLENT
    HELL YEAH!!! And one more damn good reason. We don't NEED ANYMORE MOFOS in the USA; period, until this CV-19 crap is arrested and I mean waaaaaaaaay down ARRESTED and below this pandemic jazz with folks dropping at the rate of approximately 3,000 per day.

:o VIOLENT

Not born of violence...Prudence.
  • Immigration is a huge problem and has been for___decades. However, Trump created more complications with his __Bully Rhetoric. He politicized it during his 2016 campaign, swearing that the Mexican government would__Pay for the Wall that needed to be built, Trump knew that was NEVER going to happen, but, he pumped that lie into his campaign promises and his followers lapped it up like DOGS.

This immigration problem is going to take Biden and whomever following him years to eradicate___But, the MAIN thing that has to happen is these political groups need to ___ STOP POLITICIZING this problem___UNTIL determine that they need all sides (including) the countries these people are fleeing from to set down and try to reason with each other.

The republicans keep using this issue to run against their political opponents when election time comes___Surely reasonable peole can see this.

• BR...

"STOP POLITICIZING this problem.".
  • ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lol, so true, so true!
  • Yes, indeed gurl! Sho' you right!
    Now...can I get that order in now? I CAN! OK...
    Smothered Chicken.
    YAMS...not sweet patatoez YAMS!
    Blackeyes Peas.
    Collard Greens...with sliced ham in it TOO!
    Cornbread, for damn sure! Nunna that Jiffy shit. Get the cornmeal out of the bin. Or stomp it like in the old days. Your choice.
    Some fat-back, just in case.
    1/2 a slab of ribs. BBQ'ed.
    A pan of Peach Pie. And...a pineapple upside down cake and don't be scared to double-up on the fruit!
    And of course...Iced Tea. And some honey...I'll put it in the tea myself.
    Best you start cookin', NOW. I want my plate for breakfast!
    LMAO!!!!
  • Sheiiiiitttttttt, who you know that cook like that these days, Kat?

Des women ain't GOT time to be in the kitchen all da damn day cooking like that, they's career women Now!

Lol
  • PS: Goodnight, BR. Happy Dreams and Trails.

Now, get on with that cookin'!
    LMAO...again. B)
  • Saw your last one as I was signing-off...and just HAD to log back-in.

Gurl, you had me in stitches! I just read it in Kat's voice for full-effect. Wow! And I got it, too!!!
    You're right tho'. Ask KAT? Sheeeeitttt. I got to sleep with this "unstable" woman! And, it would be my bad luck if I asked her when "Miss Flow" was up in here, too! That would be all I need for a trip to the ER...assuming my luck held-out. No bets on that one. Miss Flow would make a woman cuss out and beat the shit out of the mailman. FTFO!!!