Alternative Life

I have lived most of my life based on traditional values, but much of that time was a struggle. Unhappiness, depression, these were friends of mine. It seemed like the more I tried to live a life that was pleasing to God the more pain and misery came with it. After marrying the wrong woman but one who was intelligent and inquisitive and wise, it helped me come out of that view point that had been restricted and limited by religion. And then I began to see the evils of religion and, rather ironically, the goodness of life without it.

Religion, at least western or Abrahamic Religions, are mainly about control. They hide the politics of it in this idea that the commands and laws aren't coming from them but rather from a God who can give them eternal life as long as they risk their lives fighting for whatever his messenger says. This control dominates the soul and consciousness of humanity and promotes the opposite ideas rebellion, revolution, and freedom. Life begets alternative lifestyles.

I was chatting with a lesbian, telling her that she was more moral than those people in church. And although it just kind of slipped out my mouth I realized in that moment how much I meant every single word. I'm not a member of the LGBTQ community, but I don't have to be to see the value and worth of people... as people. And not as some representation or reflection of their personal choices that aren't hurting anybody.

I recently was baptized into the swinger life. Couldn't be happier. I'm perfectly fulfilled by my girlfriend, soon to be fiance, and this is something we can share together. And I had some exposure to it before, through a woman who was so open, honest, and comfortable in her sexuality, that it made me want to learn more. And then it was like... wow these people really are happy. And so the moral of the story is that you can't judge a book by its cover, whether its people or cultures or lifestyles or whatever. Every part of the human expression has the potential for beauty and ugliness, pain and pleasure. 

Whatever you are into, I wish you nothing but love, joy, peace, and happiness.

Comments