Why Don't Black Lives Matter All The Damn Time?

Why not march to stop Black on Black violence? The hard cold truth is apparently black lives "only" matter when a white person, dressed as the police kill a unarmed black person. Yet it doesn't matter or have the same importance when a black person kills another unarmed black person. Why not? Scenario, "a group of black thugs shoot up a home [drive by] filled with other black folk, and kill lets say a mother, father, son, etc. But this is not worthy of a march, or a black lives flag, etc." I supposed these Black lives don't matter! There is usually no protest here! Again Why? Hundreds of Black Folk tragically gun down each other daily on America's city streets! Where's the outcry? Where's the march? Often such violence is glorified within these murdeous thug run narcotic's decayed communities. Oh I get it, when black folk murder black folks, regardless of how it effected, it ain't no big thing! Well, I guess I got that much right. Gfb walking on....

Comments

• What needs to happen in black communities is a combination of things. Black people ARE FEARFUL of reporting these crimes, because oftentimes, the crimes never make it to the court room, so a lot of black crimes are vendetta crimes, thugs seeking revenge is their solution to wrongs committed against them. Problem is, innocent lives are getting caught in the crossfires. However, if more black people were brave enough to tell law enforcement about the crimes committed in their neighborhood (ANDDDD) if their local police force actually__Gave a Damn about black lives __ things might would change. Black folk don't have a "CARING" police force determined to protect our black lives, Infact, even if black people came forward with the necessary information, these police departments don't aggressively use the information to go after the black folk committing the crimes. Shyt__ I strongly suspect that there are some white cops that are randomly killing a few black people on a regular bases under the cover of 'Darkness'. Whose to say that some of these black on black killings ain't being committed by rogue cops in the darkness of night.

When black folk kill other black folk, they believe it's their form of justice, HOWEVER, it's those 'Drive-by' shootings that oftentimes kill innocent people (especially) children....that shyt does need to stop..

ALSO, (some) black folk are huge vendetta kind of people, meaning, they will seek revenge on black people that turn them into law enforcement, even from their jail cell. Many black people are fully aware of this, so they keep silent about the shyt they know.

So why march when___ White Cops Kill Unarmed Black men/women...........BECAUSE, they are NEVER HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THOSE KILLINGS, they took an oath to protect the public, that includes black lives too.
  • We need da get it right! Black lives should matter even when we are murdering each other! Am I to think that it's just black justice when a black person kills another regardless of reason? When a black man or persons drive by a house and shoot it up killing innocnt black folks adults and children, am I supposed to just see this as some kind of black justice? That these black lives didn't matter! Hundreds of black americans are shot down on the streets of American cities every day, and there are no "Black Lives Matter" marches for these folks! This is my issue with this black lives matter bs! It doesn't matter for the lost black lives to black criminal acts! Who speaks for those innocent black womn, men , and children murdered even by stray bullets? Who da hell speaks up for them? Many of them [thugs] are not held accountable for Black murders either! Now what???
  • howsguesshowsguess northeast,Md
    Some people can bristle when this is brought up but the numbers don't lie.Some of us that reside in the most affected areas are living this reality.
  • And it really needs to be addressed for the travestry that it is! How in the hell is your life only going to matter when a angry racist white person kills a black individual as when the police shoot an unarmed black citizen! But don't give a damn when a innocent black child is murdered and or killed by stray gun fire from black so called gangsters shooting at each other over their drug turf, etc. When a black family's home is shot up in the [AM] because of somebody's drug deal went bad, etc. Black families are terrorised daily within such communities where [fear of talking] is the norm! Where is this slogan "Black Lives Matter" when it comes to black [against] black criminal muderous acts, etc,? Hundreds of black citizens young and older, even children are killed yearly because of black against black violence! "Where are the marches, where is the outcry?" As all black Americans I am [against] the killings of unarmed black citizens by white police officers! I am all for reforming our police departments throughout the United States. And for indicting and convicting these racist [rogue] police officers! And those within these black communities really need to step up and begin collectively working together to address this social injustice that's being still perpetrated against black citizenry in America! Yet we can't have it both ways, if black lives matter when the police are involved, it ought to matter when blacks are, shooting, murdering blacks unnecessarily period! It's long passed time that this issue be addressed for what it really is and ought to be! In my view, "All Black Lives Should And Do Matter!" Now What...
  • edited January 18
    I disagree with the whole premise of this thread.

Why?

Because it's not really about the sanctity of life. It's about inequality. Black lives are equal to white lives. If black people kill each other, it's not because they devalue black lives against the lives of other races. It's because they devalue all life. They may even have an easier time killing whites if it came down to it. But make no mistake, when it is a matter of survival, humans (of all races) will kill each other based on proximity. White people simply want you to think there's a problem with the black race and pretend that we kill each other because we're black. Nonsense.

Whites often try to use this argument against us, "why do you kill yourselves if your lives are so important to you." Sorry, but that doesn't excuse being murdered by people who WE ARE PAYING to PROTECT US. When the people who are paid to protect us see themselves as working for whites only, that's the entire problem.

If black people kill each other, that's THEIR choice. Just like it is the choice of whites when Whites kill each other. Whites take advantage of each other all the time. Even sending other whites into wars is a statement about the value of life. But they want us to move the spotlight off them and OFF OF THEIR RACISM.

So no.

I will not discuss black on black crime as if that's something we need to fix. No, we don't. You know whose job it is to stop crime?

THE POLICE.

Will we have the motivation to call the police on our own people when we know there's a good chance the police will kill the person, possibly orphan their children, take away the financial support from them and make it so that another black boy never knows his father. And this could be the fate, not of the suspect, but of the innocent black person who just happened to be around the same height as the suspect because if you "fit the description" you can die too.

My father had to stop a police officer from arresting me at the church I grew up in because my father and I were responding to the alarm going off at the church. I got there before my father did and started looking for a broken window or some other sign of a break in. But because I was black the cop assumed that I had a higher probability of being the suspect. It didn't matter what I said, I was put face down on the concrete with the officer feeling the need to put his knee on my back. I could have been killed.

So no, we don't need to talk about black on black violence as if white people don't do it. Violence is about poverty more than anything else. So solve that and there will be less. Period. Maybe stop buying white owned brands and create more brands like Fubu and build more wealth in the black community so that we can give our own people good jobs and opportunities.

But solving black on black violence will not change racist cops taking out their anger and aggression on us and using their badge as a pass to do it. And it's not just them. It's judges and prosecutors too. It's even the private companies that own prisons. You think they give a damn about black lives?

So don't let white racists (because that's where the argument comes from) deceive you into thinking there is some kind of moral equivalence here. It's simply to distract you and allow them to relieve their conscience of the things they do to our people.
  • edited January 18
    This is no attempt by me to solve black violence, etc. I am saying lets get it right! Don't cry about whites killing blacks when we don't cry out, march, demostrate, etc.,about blacks killing blacks! As anybody I agree that all lives should matter. Don't use Black lives for one and "not" the other! we should give damn about black lives being taken by violence on any front. If we can march, demostrate when a white cop kills a black unarmed black man, why not protest when a black thug or dudes kill a black family, or kiil black folk in a drive by, etc. How many innocent black children been killed by stray bullets in da hood, etc. Who marches for them, who demostrates for them? That's all I'm saying... I ain't interested in who's task it is to solve crimes, etc. Let Black lives matter all the way around!
  • GFB,

No, you're getting distracted by the white man's argument.

Do you know what white people have also argued?

That we had slaves back in Africa and that they wouldn't even have had us as slaves if our people hadn't sold us. So then, should we not march or fight for freedom against slavery because our people had "slavery"?

It's a BS argument. You protest something because its wrong. You don't protest only if you also protest this other thing and that other thing. I certainly have never marched against pedophiles in the black community. Does that mean I can't say anything about pedophile priests? Of course not!

Protesting crime?

How the hell you protesting to? The parents of the criminals? You think criminals are going to change because you're protesting them? They already know what they're doing is wrong. They already know it's a crime. They already know it's immoral. They either don't care enough to stop or there is something else motivating them in spite of it.

The best way to prevent crime is to raise your children not to do it give them the support they need so that it's not something they ever feel like they have to do. But for the most part gangs are typically small black market companies. They operate outside the law because their product is illegal. Unless you're going to make the product legal then you're not going to take away their motive for being in gangs.

But the whole point isn't for us to look at why this violence exists. It largely exists because of capitalism!

That's not the point though. The point is they want us to blame OURSELVES and EACH OTHER. They want us to be like a dog chasing our own tail while they continue to beat and murder us.

When you protest you're protesting to someone in authority who has the power to fix whatever it is you are protesting against. You want to protest capitalism? Not going to work. Want to protest the distribution of wealth from poor communities to the rich? Not going to work.

THERE IS NO MARCHING FOR THEM because marching is not a remedy for all situations.

GFB: I ain't interested in who's task it is to solve crimes, etc.

Sure you are. White people are the ones telling us to look at crime in our own neighborhoods. So they're saying it's YOUR job to solve these crimes before you worry about them and their crimes (against you). I'm saying that it's not our job to solve crime. Therefore it is not our job to protest crime. Protest to who? If you protest to the government you're just asking them to send in more uniforms with harsher and longer sentences. What do you think the criminal justice reform is about? The government CANNOT solve crime. They can only punish it. And that is part of the reason why white officers kill black people in the first place. Because they feel that is part of their duty; to protect white society for dangerous black people. And that fear mongering is all in their history. Just look at old news paper articles. It's the same thing Trump was doing when he took out a full page ad against the Central Park 5.

We don't need to worry about crime. We need to worry about racism. We need them to do something about THEIR racism. It's not our racism that's hurting us and holding us back. It's theirs. And it is that same racism that often makes it harder for us to get good jobs and opportunities which allow our youth to think crime is a viable alternative to getting what they need. One of the richest black men in the world today is a man who rapped about selling drugs and he's treated like royalty. So go figure that one out.
  • GFB,
    No, you're getting distracted by the white man's argument.

Exactly Right!!! ___ When white folk throw the__ 'black on black' __crime at black people, it's their way of ignoring the crime white police officers are getting away with, when they kill unarmed black men and women.
  • My point is being ignored. My point is again. our black lives should matter to us regardless of who's killing us! Why raise hell about one [when whites kill us] and say nothing when a black child is murdered by a black person! I guess this is black justice or some shyt that happened! Right? Ignore the killing of the innocent lil black gurl, by a {gang war] stray bullet, etc.but raise hell ova da killing of a unarmed black men or woman by a white policeman! Black folk killing Black folk is real, it reality, etc. Out of all dat shyt that's been said, I still argue that all black lives should matter even when blacks are doing the killing!
  • edited January 19
    Gfb, everybody that is Black probably ___ hate the fact___ that blacks are killing blacks at record numbers____Remember when ___The Mafia (Italian's) were gangland killing other Italian's over 'Territory' in their communities, or they were trying to establish ___Mob Bosses in their communities? I suspect it's the Same sort of shyt that is going on in the black community____ drive-by shootings is what HAS really escalated the killings. It's sad to say, but, I don't think there's__ ANYTHING __that can be done___I suspect it's gonna have to play itself out,,,just like the mafia killings did.

____Tell me what is your Solution to this horrific problem___?

Everytime some innocent black person gets gunned down in my city, there's a group of Black/Brown random people mourning the dead____ they go to where the killing happened they ___ cry, comfort the survivors of the dead person, pray, swear things have got to stop,_________________It's not like black folk don't acknowledge what's happening in their communities____BECAUSE___They Do!

They/We_____ just don't know what to do about it.
  • edited January 19
    Gfb stands beside my earlier comments. Black lives should matter all the time regardless of whose doing the killing! There is uaually no such large outcry when this same killing occure within black communities except from the loved ones of those murdered, that's it! And these are senseless killing where as children are involved! Young black folks shooting up and scaring whole communities, etc. Whereas hundreds die yearly! For what? Who da hell birthed and raised these so called killers, etc. how did they get to this point? Whereas birth parents are scare shytless of their children! And most of you say, it can't be stopped! Damn...
  • Gfb stands beside my earlier comments. Black lives should matter all the time regardless of whose doing the killing! There is uaually no such large outcry when this same killing occure within black communities except from the loved ones of those murdered, that's it! And these are senseless killing where as children are involved! Young black folks shooting up and scaring whole communities, etc. Whereas hundreds die yearly! For what? Who da hell birthed and raised these so called killers, etc. how did they get to this point? Whereas birth parents are scare shytless of their children! And most of you say, it can't be stopped! Damn...

Again, you offer No Solution to the problem, instead you're doing exactly what white people are doing, only being judgemental.

I'll ask again___What is YOUR SOLUTION?
  • edited January 19
    Black folk standing up and handling their own! Black folk brought these thug gangster "MF" in da world, anyway. We need da get very serious about dealing with da problem! And quit expecting da white man to solve it. Fuck, we live in them damn neighborhoods, communities, etc., anyway. These are black folk children, there fore it's a damn folkfolk problem, a problem that we elders, etc. need da run into to, etc. Most of da damn problems started in da many often violent, malfunctioning black family structures, etc. Single black mothers shouldn't have been exepected da do it all! Yeah, I kno black folk have always been set up da fail. Yeah, I see da problem and it can be handled, but it's going to take all of us working collectively hand in hand, together with those we are needing da reach! And that's just a start! Gfb bout da move on..
  • Crime is the business of law enforcement. Batman, you are not.
    And even if you were to murder, banish, WHATER... all the known criminals, do you think it would be over?
    Brotha, no. Crime is a SYMPTOM.
    If you cannot fix the underlying symptom then as you take criminals off the game board they will be REPLACED by other people.
    If you work at a company and you quit or they fire you or you die, do you think that position is shut down forever? NO. The company will replace you.

It's whackamole.

Even if you find and murder the "distro" a new connect will rise to fill the void. If you take out a supplier then you are simply removing a competitor for another supplier!

As long as there is DEMAND there will be supply!

Can you stop the demand for drugs??

All you can do is join the fight to LEGALIZE drugs so that instead of a black market, there is a legal market that doesn't require criminal activity to get the supply to those who demand it. That's ALL.

White people couldn't contain the heroin/opioid epidemic that affects so many of them. Don't you think they would if they could? And many of those people involved are WHITE DRUG DEALERS and white criminals.

So unless you can stop the demand and unless you are pushing for legalization there's nothing else to do.

And even if drugs are legal... does this mean every ex con will stop hurting or killing people? NO. If drugs are closed to their involvement and they cannot make money doing that they will do something else, like steal cars. Until you solve their need for money... and that need being relative and based upon belief... you will just be spinning your wheels on a problem as old as time itself. And that's what white people want. TO DISTRACT YOU. Are they going to help you solve the very real economic problems that contribute to crime? NO. They just want us to shut up about them killing us while hiding behind the badge.
  • edited January 20
    Man what are you talking about? I am talking about one thing only. The idea that all black lives should matter even when it black killing blacks! That's my gig right there. Nothing else. I am not trying to nor do Gfb care too, "solve black crime or crime's period in this nation! Are you feeling me now? I could care less about all that other stuff! I've been der done all of that! I am now talking about "Black Lives meaning da same for all Black Lives, even when we are killing each other." It should not be reserved for just when some white Cop kills a unarmed black man! All dat other stuff you can keep! have a good day...
  • ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What Zee is talking about is the ROOT of the problem, Until you remove the root cause, there can be No Solution.

Actually, ___ Self_Hatred of Ourselves is the First Culprit, ___ and seemingly we are increasingly more full of hatred for our race. The old white adage --- "Conquer and Divide" really has worked it's magic on black people. The___ Willie Lynch___ hypothesis really ruled over us and still is.

WHITE MAN DISTRACTIONS were designed___ to keep black people in Slavery - Mental Slavery, they've been working on Us for___ 400yrs and counting..
  • @Z...

"But solving black on black violence will not change racist cops taking out their anger and aggression on us and using their badge as a pass to do it.".

CURSES! Foiled again, Moriarty!
    You damn well beat me to it. Thankfully. It just tallies things up with more numbers to account for...as-if it's really desired and/or needed in the first damn place.
  • @GFB
    I'm not telling you not to care when a black person kills another black person. However, if that's the case we should also care when we kill ourselves. We should also care when we are killed by diseases, starvation, etc. We should care when we die as the result of drunk driving, alcohol poisoning, lead, cancer, and on and on.

But wait....

These are all HUMAN problems. They're not "black problems". And we do care. That's why some of us are doctors and nurses and some of us are teachers. Some of us fight fires and some of us are bar tenders who say "sorry but I gotta cut you off". Some of us check IDs to make sure the person buying drinks is old enough. Some of us design cars and air bags and seat belts. Some of us run charities to feed people and some of us donate to said charities. Some of us contribute to organizations like the Boys & Girls club or YMCA. Some of us are scientists and others contribute to cancer research. And it goes on and on.

But again... because these aren't "black problems" black people don't need to solve them. Racism is not a "black problem". It's a "white problem". So it is THEIR job to solve it. We protest to let them know the problem exists, that it is theirs, and they need to solve it. We cannot solve it for them. In protest to our protest (counter protest), whites say "look at black on black violence". They say this because they want to pitch it as a "black problem".

False.

Like everything else, it is a HUMAN problem. It affects everyone. It affects every race. It is not our problem to solve. It is a racist argument to say that it is our problem just because we are SOME (not all) of the perpetrators. Do you see? They act as if we are all criminals waiting to be caught. This treatment of us is similar to the demonization of the "caravans" of Mexicans. It is the very thing that enables racist mindsets. It creates and fosters a stereotype that they want to believe is natural to us and somehow not to them. If they have less crime than us it is because they have more money circulating in their community and more opportunities. But they still commit crime because they don't share the wealth with whites at the bottom. Those whites have needs like everyone else. Those whites will often escape their circumstances with drugs and alcohol like everyone else. And as a result they may commit crime in order to pay for their habit or simply to solve their overall need for money.

Again... because this is not a "black problem" and never was, it is not black people's job to do ANYTHING about it. The people who's job it is are the people who chose a profession that specializes in combatting crime the same way a plumber combat running faucets. It is the job of the police. Now if your plumber asks you to hand him a tool, if you can help him out, that's your choice. But if he says "you do it" then you should remove him from your property and get a new plumber because you should not be doing the job you're paying him to do. If he didn't want to fix faucets he shouldn't have chosen that line of work. And if he destroys your plumbing in the process of fiction it then who is responsible for all the extra damage? You? And once he breaks your plumbing and wants to charge you to fix it, does that seem fair?

No. You're not batman. And even if you were, it's not your job and you'd probably be shot by the police trying to do theirs. It would simply be "nice" if the people who wanted to be police officers were just like the people who wanted to be doctors; people who care and chose a career path in order to do something about it. But just like a doctor should treat patients as human beings and not black or white, police should be the same way. When they are not the same way, then THEY (not us) are the problem.
  • Black lives have ALWAYS mattered. What's new, or newer? Black Lives Matter...as a recognized public institution.
  • When whites talk about black on black violence it is often with the idea in mind that black people all live in hoods and ghettos. They are stereotyping us as criminals and acting like we are ALL violent by NATURE.

This is laughably untrue and they should know better now because white flight has to keep moving away from the inner cities because as we get money we're moving right along side them. And that's often the part they cannot reconcile and is the part that bothers them. I think my neighbors know I have one of the best houses, if not the best, on the street so I'm not likely to be some thug. But there's 3 other black men on my street (although none are married to black women and so there's like no dark skin black women on my street.)
    So we're probably also feeding the idea that black men are taking their stuff, including their neighborhoods and their women. But the point is they still judge us based on stereotypes until they have real personal relationships with us.
  • edited February 3
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I would rather prefer living in a community of {Professional} Black people, I would take extreme pride in living among black doctors/lawyers/IT tech/stock brokers,,,,etc. Once upon a time you can find (at least) one area of town where you'd find a cluster of professional black people. *Fist* raised.

I don't need to be the pepper on the block of salted white folk, oftentimes, ___ those type black people are always trying to conform to the ideals of white people.
  • "...the pepper on the block of salted white (ness)...".

Boy oh boy, gurl! You're on... 4h8n9an3k92m.png
    fiya tonight! There's either a book or an article in a magazine up ^there^. That's why I chaged it a tad for you w/the 'ness' part to show you what a "hook" is, in literature. Can I be your agent? Jeez. You write it, I'll do the editing. Deal? That is, if the wifey doesn't look TOO cross-eyed and hateful. LOL!!!
  • That would be nice to live in a community of professional black people. But if you're an investor and you want a nice house you don't really have much of a choice. The area of town I used to live in (before the tornadoes) was fairly decent but was hurt economically and was getting set up for whites to move back in. We had 2 black owned restaurants, one that was really nice. But a lot of places were shutting down and moving away. The chances of black professionals all finding the same location when they're in the market is near impossible. My last house I definitely wanted to live in a black neighborhood. This time I didn't care and it was all about the house.
  • edited February 3
    Gentrification is designed to segregate the "Have from the Have Nots". White folks that have decided to__ take back__ a neighborhood they once owned and Once they take back the neighborhood, they purposely __ Price the Real Estate at such an outrageously price__ it's intentional set to KEEP the "Lessor" people Out. It's literally another form of discrimination. It's one thing for a 'Developer' to create an elite community from the ground floor (so to speak), where the guidelines is stated beforehand.....but___ to forcibly evacuate a neighborhood of poor people based on their financial mishap is quite another matter.

There was a incident that happened in this city that decided they wanted to take back a prime area, where the folk that lived there were elderly people, folk that had lived in their homes for 50yrs, of course the homes were overtaken by poverty, rundown shacks,
    but, that's all the elderly folk had to their name._____ so they forced these elderly people out of the worthless homes, paid them a little of NOTHING___ and sent these old folks on their way___ where they had to fiend for some other real estate they could least afford forced to take the 'NOTHING' money and apply it to real estate they would never be able to pay for and/or afford.

Btw, I would also take pride in being in a Racially Integrated neighborhood (black, white, asian, hispanic). The Social Status of black people moving into an ALL WHITE NEIGHHBORHOOD ,,,,,DOES NOT change the Status of Black people____ Ever! You'll always be likely referred to as the N______ on the block.
  • ZealotX wrote: »
    That would be nice to live in a community of professional black people. But if you're an investor and you want a nice house you don't really have much of a choice. The area of town I used to live in (before the tornadoes) was fairly decent but was hurt economically and was getting set up for whites to move back in. We had 2 black owned restaurants, one that was really nice. But a lot of places were shutting down and moving away. The chances of black professionals all finding the same location when they're in the market is near impossible. My last house I definitely wanted to live in a black neighborhood. This time I didn't care and it was all about the house.

If, and when, al of this COVID-19 shit either disappears or dies the death of a woodpecker pecking on granite...or take just a visual through the Net, checkout the following just for interests sake or fuck around on the Net some time just for kicks take some nice visuals to...

Leimert Park, in LA.
    Baldwin Hills, ditto.
    Parts of Inglewood, the same...
    Many areas in the Crenshaw area off The 'Shaw Blvd, East and Westerly way.
    And many other places to mention in LA County. Just depends.

Now, in Houston...
    Shit! It's not so iffy, but it does require your tastes and location may mostly depend on where you work. Traffic can be a bitch and a half. It's iify, too. Houston's fulla very nice 'burbs. You depends on one's taste buds, too.
  • @Zee...
    "When whites talk about black on black violence it is often with the idea in mind that black people all live in hoods and ghettos.".

Fuck'em two more times. Ever think about where a damn good many of them live?

1. Out in The "Sticks".
    2. Hillbilly haunts. *fuck THAT*
    3. Places where I'd freeze my nuts off! N. and S. DAKOTA! Fuckin' ALASKA EVEN!
    4. Literally in "Middle America". And in WINTER too? Double Fuck that nonsense.
    5. And more fuck up place. GOOD! I won't eeeeeven be driving thru ANY of them!
    6. One exception. Chicago. Gotta good friend there.

Hmmmm? Now that I think more about it. Thinking they believe I live in a hood or ghetto (again) might be pretty advantageous on my end. Mass rob me some chucks out in the sticks...I dash back to the shoreline...and them muthafuckas are looking for Slick Rick Greg every place...but the right one. Hmmm. Rob their asses in drag and lookin and smellin' good...they'll be looking for Gregetta or my sister! LMAO!!! No. Better yet. JP! He's been known to switch-it. HAHAHAHA! He's gonna cut my throat for that one!
  • The way that neighborhoods become integrated though is when black people move there. It starts out as a white neighborhood. I know this because my next door neighbor at my old house was the first black person to move to the street. So the street was all white at that point. But when a black person moves there white people start getting nervous. They start looking for things to complain about. And once another black person moves there they start thinking about their property value, which for them was based on whether other whites would want to move into their house. But maybe not if there's a black family across the street. So they try to move away before too many black people show up, which makes room for more black people to show up. And sometimes Asians will come in too even though no one really cares either way when they do. And Hispanics move in to fill the vacuum as well.

So I wouldn't necessarily worry about moving into a white neighborhood. Is the first person going to be comfortable? No. But just by being there you're likely turning the street black because racists whites tend to be the ones who run. If they can't run you off? And another black family moves in? Yeah... they see the writing on the wall.
  • Now my new house... I love it. Beautiful design & layout. Even got a little stream out back. Bought it from an old white couple. Squirrel problem though. Still working on that. Neighbors have MOSTLY been nice. I think one next to me is racist (or just extremely rude and equal opportunity assholes) but the other white neighbors are not. Family across the street is Hispanic/Black. So clearly it is becoming very mixed.

Now... economically speaking...

This actually is a better strategy for us. When we group together its usually in lower income housing and the property values can stagnate. If your property values stagnate that's not good. My old house was actually purchased by a white family. Maybe they had a heads up on gentrification or may be just because of covid they weren't aware of how the street is mostly black. But they paid $40K more than what I bought it for so if they want to gentrify then I simply move across the chess board into THEIR territory and help to racially diversify one of their nice neighborhoods. And I use some of that 40K to do it.

This is what black people need to be able to do. But if your house gains no value then... it's just a liability and you might as well be renting. We need to be thinking like investors. This way, maybe my new neighborhood with much nicer houses becomes a future black/brown hood because we can all afford to live there. Feel me?
  • me and those squirrels though... we are going to war. They just don't know it yet.
  • ZealotX wrote: »
    me and those squirrels though... we are going to war. They just don't know it yet.

Do what fed-up Texans do. Import. Eagles, Ravens, Hawks, Owls, and other connoisseurs do when nice, fat, squirrels are fuckin' around the area and not paying much attention by not looking-up as fast as they should. Or, looking up too late, period. The be-winged gotta get theirs, too.