The Tree is known by its Fruit

Atheists simply see the BS and are against it because it is BS. But because I am rational and not a fanatic in EITHER DIRECTION... I love the teachings of Yeshua, especially for what they were at the time. Does that mean all of his ideas were new at the time? NO. Those who originally had those ideas weren't as popular. Part of the reason for my atheism is that I have the absolute freedom to believe whatever I want and establish any standard of righteousness that I want. I can listen to anyone I want and take knowledge and wisdom from any sources.

But one of my favorite quotes of all time is by Yeshua/Jesus.

He said a tree is known by its fruit.

Do you have any idea how simple and yet deep this is??

Comments

• I don't care if He was wrong about a bunch of stuff. We are all right about some things and wrong about others. That's human. So I don't judge Yeshua for not actually being the messiah. Because I love him for who he was (like I love MLK and Malcolm X) I ACCEPT him. I accept him even though he was not the messiah and isn't coming back. So I don't need to lie or make excuses about it. I don't have to trick other people and control them. A big part of loving someone is learning to accept the truth about them.

A tree is known by its fruit. POWERFUL statement. And truly universal in its application.

If the Israelites were in communication with God then they would have given birth to the fruit of that. But it wasn't God trying to control them. It was Moses. That's why they still had slavery and treated women like property. If God can have such high expectation of humans as to EXECUTE us for a single sin then why doesn't it make sense to have even higher standards of God? Adam did what he did in IGNORANCE. They didn't even know they were naked. But guess who did? God did. If God knew everything and has all power then he can be judged too. And if he could interfere with free will enough to kill Egyptian children to free his people, interfere with free will enough help them win wars, then he could have interfered enough to make it illegal to treat women as spoils of war, illegal to treat human beings, in general, as property, and generally put an end to barbarism. But no, they almost stoned Yeshua to death because that's what Moses taught them. So all the wars and violence and deception in the OT... that is also fruit. And all fruit came from God; including man's sin because Adam wasn't the one who created the trees in the first place.
  • If Yeshua was the messiah the fruit of that would have created a different ending to the story. The ending you got served is one similar to The Empire Strikes Back.

The good guys lose.

But no one can stomach this. I don't want to stomach it either and yet none of us can change that reality. He died. Rome won. Game set match. Rome took over and basically lied to Christians, deceiving them into believing that Christianity was a continuity of what Jesus had begun. But it wasn't. If it had been then wouldn't THAT tree be known by its fruit??

So when I mention the Crusades, the Inquisitions, burning heretics at the stake, Salem with Trials, Choosing and allowing Africans to be enslaved, what I'm trying to keep alive in the mental record of history is the fact that these are some of the fruits of Christianity. And if you want to deny Rome's role in all this it makes it clear by leaven a stamp of paganism in the Christian religion that YHWH would NEVER have tolerated: Christmas, Easter, trees, bunnies laying eggs (fertility cults), Sunday worship, etc. None of these things are right but all of them were common practice. And so if you think you can't be racist and be a Christian then think again. In fact, since the OT expanded nationhood from a single bloodline, and then blessed that bloodline at the expense of others, this, in fact, teaches RACISM. And it is the reason why Jews (Even though not a different color) are treated as a RACE.

Talking about fruits.
  • edited February 12
    Jesus was known by his Fruit___Love.
    Infact, We're all a reflection of the Fruit we Bare.
    You my friend seriously have a one-track-mind and it's focus is Christianity. Practically everything you write reflects back to Christianity, God, Bible, Jesus. I never knew atheist were so focused-driven on the ALL things pertaining to GOD.
  • ZealotX wrote: »
    Atheists simply see the BS and are against it because it is BS. But because I am rational and not a fanatic in EITHER DIRECTION... I love the teachings of Yeshua, especially for what they were at the time. Does that mean all of his ideas were new at the time? NO. Those who originally had those ideas weren't as popular. Part of the reason for my atheism is that I have the absolute freedom to believe whatever I want and establish any standard of righteousness that I want. I can listen to anyone I want and take knowledge and wisdom from any sources.

But one of my favorite quotes of all time is by Yeshua/Jesus.

He said a tree is known by its fruit.

Do you have any idea how simple and yet deep this is??

Yeah, or could have been ratcheted up a taste. I thought it was the beginning of as , the BS up in the a poem, at first. No shit.

'Atheists simply see, the BS up in The Tree.
    The Tree you say? Indeed I see, in the Tree Of Life, hee hee.
    He said this tree is known by its fruit, and here's the scoop,
    His Tree has 12 Men together, to boot, and not a chick to be seen,
    So now perhaps we must give some thought if our King is actually, a Queen!'

I know. I'm good. I know it. Did ^did shit like that^ back in Jr. high and high school.

• PS: It also reminded me of something I saw in one of the Monty Python flicks, and now I forgot which one tho'. I think it was the one about a/the knight going on some crusade or another with calamity most of the way. It'll hit me tonight, I suspect. Usually does around 3:00 AM, or so.
  • witching hour... hmm.... interesting.

what do you think about the lack of female disciples?
  • 1. Yeah, my witching hour. Hot guess. It started in my last year in college, and from then onto present. I just wrote it off to Test Anxiety. Then, the craziness associated in my first job of writing. Now? Habit. Who knows?

2. Not sure, but a certain amount of misogyny seems like a safe bet and if only an even-money bet. But then too there was Mary Magdalene and a couple/few names I can't recall at the moment like June, Junia, Junus or something like that. I'm sure it'll hit me tomorrow in the wee hours...like 3:00 AM. or so. B)
  • hmmm... misogyny. Doesn't really seem right though. Do you not question it? I mean, I consider you a free thinker, Christian or not. "Jesus" is supposed to be perfect. But is he though? Or is he perfect from certain point of view; a man's point of view?

In other words, the more we continue to evolve in our shared morality... as we accept both gender and sexual orientations and become more humane to each others differences, do we simply uncover more flaws in even the most flawless?
  • '...a certain amount...'. Given the Time. All that addressing women, by gender as opposed to their name, assuming one even knew it.

"In other words, the more we continue to evolve in our shared morality... as we accept both gender and sexual orientations and become more humane to each others differences, do we simply uncover more flaws in even the most flawless?".

Sneaky, aren't you? Or most clever, too. I get it. I do that, too sometimes. Anyway...
    ...and no. I just don't give it ^that^ much leeway as you. After all and at the end of the day, Jesus DID indeed call His own mother "woman" a good few times in the Bible. Not mom, mommie, ma' and so forth. "woman", period. Nice try. I ain't mad'atcha. I'll put it too, if the opportunity presents itself. :)
  • @Greg
    Please forgive Yeshua if he sounded disrespectful. Perhaps, playing DA (devil's advocate), there is no disrespect in his native language. The Hebrew word for man ("ish") is also husband. The Hebrew word for woman ("ishah") is also wife. So there should be no disrespect in a man calling his own wife the same word and it is us to the translators to translate the English "wife" as opposed to the English "woman".

Whenever people say "Given the Time" I wonder if they understand what they're really saying. These were people who were "led by God". When I was a Christian I was taught that God was perfect, good, love, etc. having an immortal and eternal quality to all of these things. So to say that God changes means God isn't perfect and is still learning. Even if we accept a theology in which God is still growing in some capacity, the mere fact that he is eons older than us means that he should have progressed far beyond where we now are, eons ago. So if we're looking back only a few hundred years back, seeing how patriarchal we were and the ugliness of treating women as less than equals... if we can recognize these errors in ourselves then how can we imagine that God wouldn't have corrected these errors on the spot and included them in whatever law he gave?

If they weren't led by God then growing over time and making mistakes is more reasonable. But as soon as you start bragging that the one true God of the universe is talking to you then I would expect you to not be wrong in anything he told you to say.
  • There's a left-turn in all of ^that^, and at the moment I'm missing it, and no matter of how, what, where, or whom.

AHAH, here it is. "...what do you think about the lack of female disciples".

That was more of a note to myself to remember it and I'll get to it. And, I will. Soon. But first, I'd like to be the interrogator for a moment, as I've been the interrogated a good while now. Kinda sorta, but I'm certain I haven't positioned things more equitably as you have posed to me.
    I'm not pissed nor anything else of that nature. I just need a simple change of pace, and play with the ball my way and just in the same basic way kinda like upshifting or downshifting a manual-transmission motor-vehicle. In short I need to upshift from 2nd gear, the to 3rd, and hit cruise-control on fourth-gear before I hit fifth-gear and really do some hyper-driving in 5th and really put my ass in hyperdrive.
  • Shit! My bad. And recall the part about asking me waht I tought about female disciples...but didn't I asnwer that before up ^there somewhere^?