A Cure for Sin?

So the idea of Western religion is that if we all do nothing then God will eventually, in his own time, and working in mysterious ways, will solve this problem. But is it solved though? Christians die, even making death bed confessions, and believing they will be saved even though they are sinners who have never gained the moral strength and discipline to actually STOP sinning. So then why do they think God has some kind of magic wand to make them stop? If such a thing existed wouldn't he have used it already??

But if we were to take God out of the equation, how would we solve this same problem?

Comments

  • RECIPE: God's Plan of Salvation
    In this idea, God is willing to sacrifice billions of human lives and even billions just for not believing other humans who tell us he exists but offer no proof. God is willing to sacrifice all these people just to separate "saints" from "sinners", sheep from goats, wheat from tares, but how many believers aren't sinners? Are they simply fooling themselves?

    Oh, believers. I know what you're thinking. All you have to do is believe, right?

    Well, unfortunately no. According to the bible no one on this site would be "saved". How come? Well a couple things. In actuality the bible never says you're good just because you believe. If sin wasn't so bad, ie. its more important that you believe than it is for you to stop sinning, then Adam and Eve would still be alive because they have already met the conditions you believe will earn you eternal life (Sorry Greg, if you really want to hedge your bets you should, at a minimum, keep the 10 commandments).

    The minimum conditions for eternal life must be more strict because otherwise, what was ALL THIS FOR??

    There is a whole "plan of salvation". What is it saving you from? Death? No. If God wanted immortal sinners it would be the same thing as making sin immortal. And if he wanted that then the whole "thou shalt surely die" thing was meaningless loss of life.

    No, (aside from certain individuals attaining great wealth and power) the whole point of the bible is rehabilitation. The OT shows how Israel failed at it time and time again. The NT shows an example to follow but instead of following the human example people worship it as a god instead. WHICH IS A SIN.

    If I'm wrong then you should read 1 John 3 and tell me how I'm wrong. If I'm wrong on this chapter (my favorite chapter) then I'm extremely wrong in my interpretation. But if I'm not... then this should become your favorite chapter as well. This chapter explains the NT's use of "son of God". It separates children of God from children of the devil. It's not really about belief here. It's about actions/behavior. The tree is known by its fruit. If you do good and evil then you have grown into the tree of good and evil and therefore you bear the same fruit. Do you see how deep this is now? You didn't just eat from the tree. You became the tree. Trees have seeds. Those seeds grow. So the same way that the seeds (located in the fruit) extend the life of the tree in many bodies, making it immortal as a species, the same way we bear fruit and those actions/behaviors become seeds in other humans. We get poisoned by others and so we poison others by bearing that poisonous fruit. The plan of salvation was intended to REMOVE the evil (Which threatens life) so that all that is left is a Tree of Life, bearing fruit that promotes life. In Genesis, God told humans to "be fruitful and multiply". If the SEED of God is in you then your nature will prevent you from wanting to commit sin. Again, this has nothing to do with beliefs except that beliefs can inspire and motivate you along whichever path you're on. But if you still sin (because you can't help it) you are technically NOT a "child of God".

    side note: there are some discussions I like to provoke for the simple fact that Christians use new doctrines in order to defy what God said in the OT. And again... I'm against lies and false teachings so even though the whole thing is BS on a few levels/dimensions I still feel like if you are going to be a believer then why not get it right? Because if you are a believer and you follow Yeshua, to me, that is in the best interest of the planet. However, I don't care what you call yourself, if you aren't following Yeshua because you're following the church instead, then that's a problem for the planet because there is no telling what kind of person you are and how you are making the planet better or worse. So if the church is leading you astray then I'd rather you abandon it and follow Yeshua instead.

    side side note: you don't actually need to abandon your church. It's simply better to get rid of bad influences and adding to the reinforcement of others who believe they're being told the truth. Instead, you can simply make a few changes on your own so that you are in compliance. I'll talk about this is another thread.
  • "So then why do they think God has some kind of magic wand to make them stop?".

    One very fundamental thing...Belief...Faith...whatever satisfies the individual Soul.
    Boy oh boy. This next one is a first for me. Jeez. Never thought...well..nevermind.
    Hebrews 11:1...
    Well, you were a Christian at one point...you should know/recall the answer.
    "Faith is the substance of...".
  • Yes, Greg. I was a Christian. Therefore I know what Christians believe they need to do to be saved. However, I never said they were correct according to the bible.

    The thing about man made religions is that when people don't realize how much is man made they can't necessarily tell when it's going in the wrong direction.

    Even Christianity, at one point, and in the form of "universal" Christianity (Catholicism), demanded payments and penance. You could basically pay your way out of hell and purgatory (something else they made up).

    But again... if you want to know what Yeshua taught you cannot trust Christians to tell you because they had ulterior motives. When people associate Christians with Yeshua it is merely name recognition. But just because you start an organization called "The Jackson 10,000", even if you actually reach 10,000 members that still doesn't mean that it has the endorsement of Michael Jackson or that everything your fan club does is what he would have wanted.

    Again... Yeshua was NOT a Christian. He was a Jewish rabbi. Unfortunately, this cannot be said enough.

    Because he was a Jewish rabbi he is not subject to Christian theology. So if we want to understand his teachings we have to rely only on the bible. Naturally, any church is going to say they are right based on whatever interpretation but they cannot all (thousands of denominations) be right. True?

    So if we understand Yeshua, the true purpose for the plan of salvation wasn't to save you from death. If it was then you wouldn't need to die at all, right? And yet all Christians die sooner or later just like everyone else. Did he believe in an afterlife? Sure. Again... just like everyone else. But he viewed salvation the same way he viewed the woman caught in adultery. He didn't say "go and sin some more". He said "go and sin no more". If you were "saved" you were actually supposed to stop sinning because sin is what you are supposed to be "saved" from.

  • The reason this got twisted is because Christians... I'm going to be honest and I don't want you to get offended... but Christians are selfish and seeking to save themselves. It's not about saving the world. It's about gaining immortality. That is the "holy grail". Christians fear death and therefore the prospect of eternal life is the ultimate carrot. But religion and spirituality is meant to be deeper than that. The woman caught in adultery was given a second chance at life, not for the purpose of living forever, but for the purpose of changing her ways. If you research the word "repentance", that's what it means. It means turning away from sin back to God. So when you were told to "repent and be baptized", you were supposed to stop sinning, just like that woman, and be cleansed so that you could present your life a "living sacrifice".

    Romans 6:6
    Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

    See? Salvation is from sin. So if you don't stop sinning you are not actually saved.

    When I realized this originally I was still in college and I was really depressed because what it meant was that the whole idea of my family's security was in jeopardy. To some extent God "winks" at ignorance. However, he can say that he gave everyone the bible so that there is no excuse. You could have read the bible several times, cover to cover, but how many times have you actually read it? This, the most important book on earth? Right?

    It's interesting. Moses broke the tablets of stone he said were written by the very finger of God because he said people didn't deserve it. But people treat the whole bible like those broken tablets.... It's like they don't believe but don't want to admit that they're just playing along but in reality they don't take any of it too seriously. But me? I did. I took it all the way serious. I believed every word. And so I believed the devil was out there, deceiving people into breaking the first 4 commandments by using false doctrines because it was actually pretty smart if you think about it.

    [This is where you think about it ;) ]

  • If you did think about it, God allowed Satan to tempt/deceive Adam. Therefore, it wouldn't be any different if he allowed Satan to deceive Christians. If Christians were supposed to obey him, well his words are right there in Exodus 20. But if Satan comes along and says "Oh did God really tell you to keep the sabbath holy? Oh no, you don't need to do that. He changed the sanctity of the sabbath to Sunday so that everyone could worship on the same day. And you don't even have to keep the whole day holy. You can go church and then go home and watch the game or go to work."

    I mean, I could shout from the roof tops that Christians are defying God and most of them wouldn't listen to me just like BR doesn't want to listen. Because they don't really care. They're going along with their church the same way Adam went along with Eve. Criticize him if you want but people do the exact same thing even after knowing Adam's story.

    And the 4th commandment is one example. I could have done the same thing with the first commandment. I can prove to you that the Trinity is false doctrine but does it really matter? When I studied my way out of it I felt the spirit telling me the Trinity wasn't right; that it was actually satanic. And so I looked back in history looking for a similar setup of 3 gods and of course I found what I was looking for. Look at the commandment against graven images. How many people use the cross as a physical symbol of God? It's like Christianity took what God said in the OT and just shit (excuse my language) all over it.

    And then in their (catholic) encyclopedia they bragged about how the Trinity was their doctrine and the thing that established their institution.

    And then taking God's name in vain... What does that mean? While I could talk about the common slang of saying "OMG" God is not even a name. It is a title. The name of God is used all throughout the OT after it was introduced by Moses. Jews removed it from later versions because the name was "ineffable" or basically "too holy to say" and they were afraid of it being used in vain. But many Christians, if you asked them what God's name is they would draw a blank. I've even asked some of them "Who is YHWH?" and guess what? They didn't even know!

    So it seemed to me very much like Satan had gone down the list of commandments... and used Christianity as a weapon against God and man, causing Christians to sin by ignoring the commandments of God.

    Because God is just a title, ANYONE could be called God. You don't mind because you think God knows who you mean when you say God. But when you change your day of worship to the day dedicated to the SUN... and when you celebrate, with pagan trees, the death and rebirth of the SUN (saturnalia) every year and when you celebrate Easter and ignore the fact that there are Easter egg bunnies and don't even realize (or don't care) that this is a pagan holy day in reverence of the goddess Ishtar... it's not a coincidence that Constantine was a SUN worshipper. It's not a coincidence that many paintings of "Jesus" are depicted with a solar disc, corona, or sun behind his head.

    And God, who said he was jealous, who executed people for breaking the sabbath and who was cool with Moses executing people for worshipping the golden calf... you want to run the numbers on whether or not he cares about his day of worship being changed to honor the pagan sun god? Whether you are serious about God or whether you're judge hedging your bets, what are the odds that God allowed Satan to do all this but that there would be no consequences for being deceived? As far as bets go, I honestly like my chances better than yours.

  • "You could have read the bible several times, cover to cover, but how many times have you actually read it?".

    Once, and it took me over a year and great change to do it as Life got in my way more than a few times. Call it closer to two-years. I took it on like I did Tolstoy's. "War And Peace" to bone up on very complicated interlocking relationships of men and women in a general sense. Both reads required notes like you'd not believe....and my notes were abbreviated no less, and in Gregscript on top of that.
    Could I quote it all? No. Not even in a dream.
  • "Whether you are serious about God or whether you're judge hedging your bets...''.

    Both in tandem. Since you're talking in terms of betting partially, it goes like this in a way. I gamble. I hold my own in horse-racing. Say I'm just betting one horse in one race. I'll ask the cashier for a Win, Place, and show bet. In racing it's called, "across the board". Say it a longshot or somewhere between odds of 10 on up to odds of 99-1. Say I bet $20-$50. A horse like that would more than likely not lose what I bet in total. At worst on a third-placer I recover the entire bet. Just depends on how many people bet on the horse it total betting-pool.

    Now with God, and a yes or no existence shot, I have nothing to lose, but all to gain. Difference to me is, I'm betting on God to win-outright. That's it in a nutshell.




  • "... what are the odds that God allowed Satan to do all this but that there would be no consequences for being deceived?".

    Betting again, I'm dropping my Soul on this one. Money would be incalculable in $$$ Vs My Soul. I'm betting the Bank on God.

    "As far as bets go, I honestly like my chances better than yours.".

    Of course you would. That's the Long & Short of your own thesis. How could I blame you? I couldn't and nor would I try.
    Again, horse racing. Say you paid me a visit. Now say, it's the horse-racing season. Let's also say you're staying at my house. You think I'm going to leave you there to chit-chat with my wife and kids, alone? You're either going with me, or going back to the airport, or some goddamn where else! LMAO!!!
    My Mirthful Moment. :D Back to your "...better chances...".

    I call it "even-money". If not familiar with the racing-term. Winning even-money is getting your $ bet back and it's equivalent return. That' what we're making here...a bet on the odds of 1 to 1. There's only going to be one way to bet. You your way. And my one-way.
    Now, excluding a short (relative to Eternity) appley named pit-stop in Hades, if you will. We have a bet.
    We'll find out later down the road, or we won't. Separately or in-tandem.
    Naturally and should I come-out on-top. I'll say what I can to God, Him willing. and I'll drop a few lines to Him on your behalf. If Hell suits you better, tell me now. o:)


  • ZealotX wrote: »
    So the idea of Western religion is that if we all do nothing then God will eventually, in his own time, and working in mysterious ways, will solve this problem. But is it solved though? Christians die, even making death bed confessions, and believing they will be saved even though they are sinners who have never gained the moral strength and discipline to actually STOP sinning. So then why do they think God has some kind of magic wand to make them stop? If such a thing existed wouldn't he have used it already??

    But if we were to take God out of the equation, how would we solve this same problem?
    Well Zee. I'll tell you what. I'll play this one out to the end of my string. So, there's no God, and just for shits and giggles, there never was one, and neither will there be a God. Hmmm...think, Greg. OK. Here you go.

    OK, I got it now. B)

    God is just a kangaroo with dyslexia that thinks he or she's is a German Shepard that cannot properly and clearly say what in Hell it is because of a stuttering problem or some kinda phobia and in which his or her way is to say dog comes out as God even though their just kangaroos. And, being we're basically friends with them and vice versa, with let the slouchy grammer slide and go along with the god/dog thing and give 'em a break.
  • ZealotX wrote: »

    But if we were to take God out of the equation, how would we solve this same problem?

    Got it! How? With bullshit! Bullshit is wonderful! Distraction, too! Bullshit can make just about anything it want to make! Wave the magic wand, a few abracadabras, distract any wise asses in the audience, and a wala or two, whammo! God just goes POOF! Then, we make up some NEW bullshit and then we just slicky some new fools and run them muthafuckas ragged and bullshit them fools ad infinitum! Yes...IN DEED! Fuck YEAH!!!!!
    Im'ma Cadillac on! Super Flyed UP likka MUTHAFUCKA!!!! Boieeee, there ain't gonna be NOOOOOO pussy I get and hold! Sheeeeit! Dick be HARD...Nuts be smokin'! Gettin' that fonky stuff AND I AIN'T JOKIN'! Hell to the......Yeaaaaaah Buddy!
    Now...you wanna roll with me...or what? Better get off the stage NOW...and roll with me on the wooo...wooo...wooo...WOOOOO Express!!! So...what's it gonna be, 'Ski? You wanna BONE HOME...or phone home? C'mon, ET. You burnin' my night life now! Tell me SOMTHING because I'm finna split and hit this......al3bmf6wx192.png

    Tell me I'm lyin'. Going cuckoo every now and then is such a nice and liberating thing I do. Jump into another bag sometime and check it out. I've been doin it for yeeeeeears here.

    A Greg saying...

    Going cuckoo isn't bad at times...It's NOT COMING BACK from it that causes potential problems.





  • OK, serious Time, again. Appreciate it. It's rare.

    "A Cure for Sin?".

    The shortest answer in the world would be a resounding, NO! Sin is inherent in the nature of Mankind, and from Lying to Murder. The old A-Z of the chingadera aka the whole fuckin' thing. The individual can be w/o sin in what I believe to be in rare cases, that is, when considering the entire population as a whole. However, my pessimistic side also tells me that it behooves one to traverse Life with both eyes open and euphemistically keep BOTH barrels cocked with the safeties OFF and be ready azza'muthafucka to TCB, just in case.
  • "If you did think about it, God allowed Satan to tempt/deceive Adam. Therefore, it wouldn't be any different if he allowed Satan to deceive Christians.".

    Big Difference In my Book. In God allowing Satan to jack Adam up, to me, Adam was God's Sacrifice Play Of The Day. However, and in my mind again too, Adam was God's point-making example. A patsy. Set his ass up goood fashion. Why? My best guess is God wanted to double-clutch His point. Which would be in my other mind, the Machievillen mind

    "If I did this to Adam, My first-born, then you future muthafuckas best to take heed likka big bitch and bone up. That's just the price you pay for Free Will. Bone up. Get hip. Don't fuck up".
  • Dude, who are you trying to convince? Me? Yourself? Or some other third parties? Just for shits and giggles and a way to pass Time? What? Or, just what, specially?
    I'm not being hostile at all. Just more inquisitive as we roll along and trying to be more informed as to where all of this all going? In my world, it's described something like this...

    "O.K. CUT! Great! Acts l and ll where MARVALOUS! But, where's the Chase Scene? Act lll? The wined up and the final determining pitch? You know. You get it. You've killed the bastard. You WON! The Princesses is in the bed, NOW! C'mon dude, FUCK HER, then get to the end-credits.

  • And yes, but I saw one of the performers'...N. DeGrassee Tyson...doing his thing in NYC last year at the Hayden Planetarium.
  • Greg wrote: »
    "If you did think about it, God allowed Satan to tempt/deceive Adam. Therefore, it wouldn't be any different if he allowed Satan to deceive Christians.".

    Big Difference In my Book. In God allowing Satan to jack Adam up, to me, Adam was God's Sacrifice Play Of The Day. However, and in my mind again too, Adam was God's point-making example. A patsy. Set his ass up goood fashion. Why? My best guess is God wanted to double-clutch His point. Which would be in my other mind, the Machievillen mind

    "If I did this to Adam, My first-born, then you future muthafuckas best to take heed likka big bitch and bone up. That's just the price you pay for Free Will. Bone up. Get hip. Don't fuck up".

    Wow... you might be more hardcore against God than I am!

    :wink::

    The point of using Job (you know... if you discount the fact that no living person should be used as some sort of play thing to take abuse like a child's G.I. Joe action figure, and have his family destroyed... all just to make a point about how this one guy was such a simp, wrapped around God's finger, that he could do all this to him and he still lick God's boot on command) makes sense as far as God having something to prove after sin is introduced. Do I think it is pathetic for a powerful being to be tempted to use their power just for the sake of proving they have it? Absolutely. Do I think it is ultimately sad for a being with influence to use that influence to wreck someone's life just because they can? Naturally. Do I think God would have to have an ego the size of Miami in order to bring someone else in to settle an argument about how great and/or powerful they are? You betcha.

    That being said, yes, I believe God set Adam up. I mean, this seems quite obvious. God is supposed to be omnipresent and omnipotent and yet he is magically and mysteriously "gone" (hiding in the bushes) when both Adamn and Eve are tempted. And then he comes out acting like "OMM(OH MY ME), Why are you hiding your penis? I made you and didn't give you clothes because I want to see it all the time. Naked? Of course you're naked. But who told you that? Who was smart enough to know that you were naked (which is wrong and embarrassing) when you are clearly and obviously naked-when I clearly created you that way and didn't give you clothes before on purpose even though I have on clothes?! Where did you learn you were naked since I clearly didn't teach you right from wrong? Oh... shit. Did you really just eat from the one tree I told you not to? And now you know that you're naked and you feel like covering your peepee which is the right thing to do? I'M MAD!! Curse you. Now since you wont walk around naked for me anymore like how I made you, now you can die (in less than a thousand years).


    If I recall correctly, a long time ago I may have reasoned that God knew Adam was going to fail from the beginning and that's why he put the tree there. Again... omniscient. But maybe... trying to play devils advocate on God's behalf... maybe his omniscience is limited to highest probability and with Adam, not having sinned before, maybe it was 50/50 and therefore God knew the results of both probabilities, but not which probable outcome would actually happen; therefore making this an experiment in free will. So was he making a point? Or was he setting up Adam to make a 50/50 choice whether or not to trust him? Because if he was making a point that caused the entire world (including plants and animals) to suffer as a result of him simply making a point... that is a Dragon Ball Z, its over 9000, level of evil that I had not previously given God credit for.

    I mean if there is a God then what could humans possibly ever do to stop evil if we can't stop God?
    (Moses = only person in human history to stop God from doing evil. #moseswasevil)
  • Also... if you watch the above video... Christopher Hitchens does a good job of handling the question of why go out of his way to argue against the Judeo-Christian religions. This is basically how I feel. I feel like we are choosing not to see them as evil because there is something we personally stand to gain.

    It's the same reason why a criminal robs a bank. There's something to gain.

    These religions, pretend to teach spirituality, but instead offer people their greatest personal desires if they will go along with this plan. And the plan is ultimately for world domination. When the Israelites were going along with the plan they were fighting war after war, taking land, women, etc.

    IF ANOTHER NATION DID THE SAME THING... but substituted the god Ba'al or Oden.... Christians would think that's wrong and would want to stop them. But since the Israelites believed that they were told to fight by God and that God had given them his blessing to rape and pillage then it's ok.

    They applied the EXACT SAME LOGIC to taking over America. Are Christians fighting to give the Native Americans back their land??? Of course not! Because that's "OK". Manifest Destiney be-otch. It's the same logic that made us slaves. So, I'm sorry but I cannot support this logic because I can clearly see that it makes EVIL DEEDS "OK". People think it's okay. They'll do these things and check their morality at the door.

    I asked if a Christian, if God told you to kill me would you do it? I really like Greg and Greg would kill me. BECAUSE that's how evil religion can be! That's not a bug. It's the main feature! What if the question was "If God told you to rape a baby, would you do it?" What if it was that? To what degree does evil not even matter? That's why these religions are not only worthless but DANGEROUS. Can't you see?
  • ZealotX wrote: »
    I asked if a Christian, if God told you to kill me would you do it? I really like Greg and Greg would kill me. BECAUSE that's how evil religion can be! That's not a bug. It's the main feature! What if the question was "If God told you to rape a baby, would you do it?" What if it was that? To what degree does evil not even matter? That's why these religions are not only worthless but DANGEROUS. Can't you see?

    I'll put it to you this way. If God told me to kill you, He'd have to give me some POWERFUL reasoning. That would go for ANYONE else, short of being one righteous, righteous enemy to me or mine. In fact, I'd even quiz, or interrogate, God just WHY He'd want me to violate one of His Commandments, Thou shalt not do murder". I'd also go for broke and state, 'Isn't that Your job'? Aren't YOU The Head Smiter? Why do you want ME to be one of Your hitmen? Do I get a pass on this, or what?'. And, if He did tell me I'd get a pass, I'd throw this into the pot...'And by the way G., Would you kindly
    put the contract, with MY provision(s) on a Stone Tablet? You gave Moses one, I'd like mine...and with Avenging Angel Benefits, too. I'll be the 13th of that tribe'.

    Finally..."Can't you see?". I see...I just don't necessarily agree.

    "That's why these religions are not only worthless but DANGEROUS.".

    Oh boy! I need more space and time than just on this post to deal with ^that one^.

    Not much space; it's not like I'm giving my opinion of War And Peace, but I can SUUUUURELY give you my two-cents worth on "DANGEROUS".

  • edited February 23
    I can't recall GOD telling anyone to physically kill someone? Why would GOD need anyone of us to KILL another human for God's Sake?

    Back during biblical times, I only recall God asking Abraham to 'SACRIFICE' his son Isaac, the Son Abraham loved with all of his heart, but, that deed was not necessary, he was testing Abrahams obedience __ GOD had a 'ram' in the bush and told Abraham to used that as his sacrificial offering in place of Abraham's son.
  • I'll just make this short as I can; shorter than the first time I made it. I hope.

    "DANGEROUS" is breaching a reinforced metal-door with A HIGHER DEGREE THAN GIRAFFE PUSSY that there's some mofo; or a SHITLOAD of mofos behind that door, and MORE DOORS AND MORE PLACES TO HIDE, and just itching and giggling to either unload a 30-round A. Kalashnikova into your guts, head, or both. And/OR set-off about 20-lbs of HE in your body and face where an ENTIRE ROOM full of mothers and fathers couldn't ID they're own sons w/o a good deal of DNA assistance.

    Please o' please do not tell me and a few guys I know, about "dangerous".
  • I can't recall GOD telling anyone to physically kill someone? Why would GOD need anyone of us to KILL another human for God's Sake?

    Back during biblical times, I only recall God asking Abraham to 'SACRIFICE' his son Isaac, the Son Abraham loved with all of his heart, but, that deed was not necessary, he was testing Abrahams obedience __ GOD had a 'ram' in the bush and told Abraham to used that as his sacrificial offering in place of Abraham's son.

    Thanks for the assist...I'd completely forgot about that one. Here's another one you can help me out with...who did God "hardened his heart..."? Who took that rap?

    Thank You...Ms BR.

  • Oops...now I remember...Pharaohs'.
  • And Dude, lets give this Atheist's Guide To Atheists In Re God, or Not, a bit of a break with me. I've been chatting more about that, as opposed to Christianity which I very, very rarely do at all, and I'm talking since 2005 . There was one cool dude that was even a Christian minister before he the way of atheists. I had NO PROBLEM with him. He shot his $.02 I shot mine back to him. Our commonality was our mutual chit-chat of Stellar Science/Astronomy and such.

    How about we try another 'bridge', so to say, and just for shits and giggles? You're not going to change on your philosophy, I'm not likely to budge on mine. It is what it is. How about say, black holes? I'm a nutcase on those. I have segments on my DVD lists on How The Universe Works going back more than a few years. I wanna say ALL, but I never counted then. I've been watching since 2010! If curious, my fav of all time is...

    https://www.space.com/unlocking-the-universe-einstein-hawking-documentary.html
  • And...BTW on both Einstein & Hawking...BOTH were atheists. Fuck did I care about that shit? So what? Big Fuckin' Deal. That did not get in my way on their mutual and/or separate ways and scoops on Science. There are only two types of atheists I can do without, period.

    1. The ones who more than likely have very thick eyebrows that CONNECT from one side of their head to the other, and talk about EVERYTHING BUT atheism. Well, except where other people's religious beliefs are concerned, and the most trivial of things, to boot,
    2. And, those kinds of atheists you'd avoid just on General Principles, and a few more principles in-general.

    Einstein and Hawking, again. My kind of guys that I do just about anything to have had the pleasure of shootin' the shit with on a slew of topics, and on my level on-top of that, and over a few beers, on top of that.
  • Greg wrote: »
    I can't recall GOD telling anyone to physically kill someone? Why would GOD need anyone of us to KILL another human for God's Sake?

    Back during biblical times, I only recall God asking Abraham to 'SACRIFICE' his son Isaac, the Son Abraham loved with all of his heart, but, that deed was not necessary, he was testing Abrahams obedience __ GOD had a 'ram' in the bush and told Abraham to used that as his sacrificial offering in place of Abraham's son.

    Thanks for the assist...I'd completely forgot about that one. Here's another one you can help me out with...who did God "hardened his heart..."? Who took that rap?

    Thank You...Ms BR.
    You don't need my assistance,,,,,You're doing Fabulously all by your damn self.

    I'm enjoying the back & forth that You and Zee are having. I'mma steer clear and let yall continue.
  • Greg wrote: »
    I can't recall GOD telling anyone to physically kill someone? Why would GOD need anyone of us to KILL another human for God's Sake?

    Back during biblical times, I only recall God asking Abraham to 'SACRIFICE' his son Isaac, the Son Abraham loved with all of his heart, but, that deed was not necessary, he was testing Abrahams obedience __ GOD had a 'ram' in the bush and told Abraham to used that as his sacrificial offering in place of Abraham's son.

    Thanks for the assist...I'd completely forgot about that one. Here's another one you can help me out with...who did God "hardened his heart..."? Who took that rap?

    Thank You...Ms BR.
    You don't need my assistance,,,,,You're doing Fabulously all by your damn self.

    I'm enjoying the back & forth that You and Zee are having. I'mma steer clear and let yall continue.

    Gurrrrrl, sheeeeit. Throw your $.02 in the pot. Maybe, we'll bet more and and jack the pot up to a dollar! That's, well, that what the old folks called, "foldin' money". Or, it's a start. LMAO!!! I'll even give God a cut this coming Sunday. God needs His cut, too. You don't wanna walshe on God. Pay Him, WITH A QUICKNESS! B)
  • And by the way, Sir Zee. My slant on crooks in the Church and the offerings and such. I have NO control over that. Well, no control legally. Leave it at that.

    The point is, I do give my church a cut. What they do with it isn't on me. It's on THEM, the way I see things. Fuck it up? That PAYBACK isn't on me. God sees what's what on my end...God sees what's on their end. I've stolen before, fuck it. The IRS for one, but I didn't get caught and the SOL's is over, now. I never stole from God though. His SOL's are a LOT longer than Uncle Sam's.

    At the end of the day 'cuzz...you walk your path...I'll stay on mine. Both can lotsa room to roam in my universe. Signed...

    Gregus Felonoius
  • "A Cure for Sin?".

    Indeed. Ban/Repel...

    First, lose that Fornication nonsense. Followed by...some of those Thou Shalt Nots.

    You shall have no other Gods but me.
    OK. You can still be God You need a job too. Just don't hassle or threaten me.

    You shall not make for yourself any idol, nor bow down to it or worship it.
    I barely bow-down now as it is. No prob. I'll just be HAPPIER when I hit the Trifecta.

    You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God.
    Like when I lose-out on the Trifecta? OK. Just co-sign and guarantee my bets.

    You shall remember and keep the Sabbath day holy.
    No prob, again. I can make Sunday's bets on Saturday at the track, or online on Friday.

    Respect your father and mother.
    Needless to say. For what it's worth, I talk to them twice a week, or as-needed. I still make Pop's bets, too.

    You must not commit murder.
    Don't worry. Texas is a DEATH PENALTY State. I can live with a taste of felony-assault tho'. Better still,
    importing talent from back home isn't out of the question either. Thugs gotta eat, too.

    You must not commit adultery.
    I hear'ya. Moving on...

    You shall not steal.
    More specific, please on this one. What if a muthafucka stole my shit first? I can't get it back?! C'mon now. Lets be reasonable, please. Y'all have the IRS back in the day. Caesar's cut was a bowl of oatmeal comparatively. You remember the 90's? Bank interest was higher than giraffe pussy!
    You seen the budget from the Space Program?! Who you think gets jacked-off for all that grip? Taxpayers! "We, the People" do! ALL that $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, just to find out what we already fuckin' know! WE CANNOT LIVE UP THERE LIKE WE LIVE DOWN HERE ON EARTH! And that's just ONE bitch of a hurdle. SHIT!!! Just consider the FRESH WATER PROBLEM!

    Thou shall not bear witness against thy neighbor.
    How about nailing this one down a taste, too. How far does any given mofo have to live away from me and my people NOT to be a neighbor? Be reasonable, please. Yanno, technically, EVERYBODY ON EARTH is my neighbor, if we're talkin' in the macro sense. I mean really now.
    Do You recall making the Gulf Of Mexico? Look...
    ... Alabama, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, AND Texas.
    That's who/what borders my ass.
    My "neighbor(s)"?. SHEEEEEEIT!




Sign In or Register to comment.