How are you Coping with being a Black Person in America__ In this World?

edited February 21 in General
You're a black person, how are you navigating through life in your black skin?

Don't __ Black Lives Matter Too?
Police brutality dispropotiately waged against black people
Job discrimination
Lack of Jobs
?????

Comments

• You're a black person, how are you navigating through life in your black skin?

Don't __ Black Lives Matter Too?
    Police brutality dispropotiately waged against black people
    Job discrimination
    Lack of Jobs
    ?????

Great, and you? regardless of ethnicity, life is all about what you make it!
  • edited February 26
    TOUCH & GO, SOME DAYS CAN BE A STRUGGLE, THE PLIGHT OF MANY BLACK AMERICAN'S CAN BE DEPRESSING.
  • @BR...
    "Don't __ Black Lives Matter Too?
    Police brutality disproportionately waged against black people
    Job discrimination
    Lack of Jobs".

I get it. Been there, saw that, did it to a point. Talk about a getting number and number by the hour.
    I damn near fainted when I was watching Don Lemon about the CV-19 death count at....coming closer and closer to 10,000 folks. I didn't and don't even TRY to wrap my mind these days at around or slightly past 500,000 deaths. 500,000 folks gone...just like THAT? Do you know that more folks that died in WW1 AND WW ll ?! Staggering just isn't the word. On top of all of that....naaw...I suspect we all know.

Know what else? A LOT of folks; members of BV, haven't checked-in. Fonts, faces, call'ins from many (oh yeah...a good bunch of mofos and mofettes)...we've been doing it for years. Now, about 3-5 of us? One went a few months ago, and one back in early 2020 as well. And the fams and kin of some? Tragedy in no small numbers. Heartbreaking.
    What more can be said?
  • Ooops. My Bad: 'THAT? Do you know that more folks that died in WW1 AND WW ll ?!'
    WRONG!
    Meant to write: That 500,000 folks DIDN'T die in those those wars, combined. Who with an heart AT ALL can marinate on that and not get woozy and damn near faint?
  • ^^^^^^^^ 2 Times... .

Yeah, some days it's pretty disheartening to see/read the plight of many black people. Just like this covid situation.
    They pointed out that black and brown people were NOT getting the medical care needed to deal with this covid virus, so many people of color died_____ then they said they were going to create a covid vaccination__BUT, it was initially suppose to take at least 1 year or more to develop the vaccine ___Then Trump started demanding they Hurry-up developing the vaccination, he demanded they they come up with the vaccination before the election____ they barely missed that deadline, the vaccination was ready to go by December____HOW did that happen? It went from 18months to less than 6months. Have people of color ever been able to trust the government? Now they are pleading with black people and people of color to hurry-up and take the vaccination ____AND___guess who's relunctant to take the vaccination now?

I, myself haven't signed up for it YET___although, I do plan to take the vaccination__ when, I don't know.