Education, Skills, etc. "surviving in america!"

In my personal view here's a major problem, issue, etc., with young and even older black people! I am too a black man. Yet education,schooling, whether elementary, high school, college, university, skilled trade classes, etc has somehow escaped the [usage] by many of our black people! Schooling on any level is needed to make it in this real fast paced employment/job world of today. Just because one can count [illegal dope] money doesn't mean that one should forgo education on any of these levels, etc. Hell, learn a legitimate trade, skills, etc. Whether it's a plumber, electrican, auto mechanic, air condition, etc. Hell yeah, it takes a little of your time to attend classes, etc. But it's a beginning! It's about taking care of your family! Whether we accept it or not, [education levels] are the key to our survival into the future! trust me, it is! Gfb moving on...

Comments

• ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THE REAL PROBLEM (IMO) is this _______ No matter if black people are advancing their education beyond high school, the reality is____ We are still __ TOTALLY DEPENDENT__ on white folk for a JOB, we're hopeful the white employer will look beyond our skin color and hire us based on our skills and not because of some damn QUOTA.

UNTIL___ black people can compete on a level of job hiring like white folk, I think some blacks will continue to drag their feet on getting a higher education and/or a trade.

Blacks are gonna have to FIRST learn how to get together with each other ___THEN ___ pool their resources (acumen and finances) and build a business that can hire more than 2 or three black people (ie) ___ Barber Shop/Beauty Salon.
  • C'on now.. That's not going to change soon, etc. Hell, we got all these black millionaires, etc. and they ain't interested in large scaled businesses, etc. Their shyt is big houses and lots of cars, etc. Very few actually buy into corporations, etc. still education and or learned skills are the key for black survival. etc. You'd hire a black person with education or skills if you owned a black business that could a few hundred blacks? No education, no skills, been just hanging on the streets, etc. What job /position, are you going to offer him? That's if you did own a small corporation, etc. One can never rule out education, or job skills, etc. Right??? In my view and most likely in my lifetime, black folk will never get togrther with each other, or be on da same page, other than being black! And i think you know why! I'm out!!!
  • ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My Point is____ those black children that are moving on to education beyond high school are doing so___BUT, the end result is,
    they are STILL at the mercy of white employers. I've stated many times over on this site as well as other black sites, that black millionaire/billionaires SHOULD reinvest in black people by creating businesses that hire black people (not only) black people, but,
    a vast number of hirings should be black.
  • strAightalk1strAightalk1 AUGUSTA, GEORGIA
    In my personal view here's a major problem, issue, etc., with young and even older black people! I am too a black man. Yet education,schooling, whether elementary, high school, college, university, skilled trade classes, etc has somehow escaped the [usage] by many of our black people! Schooling on any level is needed to make it in this real fast paced employment/job world of today. Just because one can count [illegal dope] money doesn't MEAN that one should forGO education on any of these levels, etc. Hell, learn a legitimate trade, skills, etc. Whether it's a plumber, electrican, auto mechanic, air condition, etc. HELL yeah, it takes a little of your time to attend classes, etc. But it's a beginning! It's about taking care of your family! Whether we accept it or not, [education levels] are the key to our survival into the future! trust me, it is! Gfb moving on...

:)