Boycotting Black Entertainers

In this crucial political season, TRUMP, being the Low Bar to step over, we are finding several Black Entertainers lending their support to TRUMP.
These Entertainers "Ice Cube",,,,"50 Cent" have both decided to give their political VOTE to TRUMP,
so appartently they are more concern with their own pocketbook, versus the overall calamity of the black community.
Should we consider BOYCOTTING Any of their efforts as it pertain to their FINANCES?
Both of these guys are now making movies of tv series that I suspect is supported by more black people versus white people.

So since these guys refuse to politically align themselves overall with the black community, perhaps it's time for black folk to boycott these guys financial endeavors.
What do you think?

Comments

• I agree! ICE CUBE claims he just want somebody, anybody, that includes this white nationalist Trump, to effect the things he's talking about, as far as the black community is concerned, etc. Just as steve harvey was played, so is Ice Cube being BS'ed, etc. Trump is the wrong man for this traitor to the black community to try and convince etc. Trump is a narcissist, etc., and a white nationalist who doesn't really give a damn about black folks, etc. Ice Cube presented him a opening to used him and any other black man or woman that walks in the white house, etc. Sure I know, perhaps Ice Cube's intentions are good, etc. He's just taking them to the wrong gotdamn person! I wonder why he never set up a national black forum to make his point, etc. Then why he never took it to Obama. etc. Talking about this clown 50 cents, perhaps having money can often blind a black man to his own color, etc. It's only been how many years since the slaves were freed? While here today, these black men with a lil fame and money are going again to the white oppressors instead of talking it to their own ethnic group of black people, aka: human beings. Perhaps both of them are still inflicted with this "slave mentality." I rest my case.... Gfb, gone....
  • I agree! ICE CUBE claims he just want somebody, anybody, that includes this white nationalist Trump, to effect the things he's talking about, as far as the black community is concerned, etc. Just as steve harvey was played, so is Ice Cube being BS'ed, etc. Trump is the wrong man for this traitor to the black community to try and convince etc. Trump is a narcissist, etc., and a white nationalist who doesn't really give a damn about black folks, etc. Ice Cube presented him a opening to used him and any other black man or woman that walks in the white house, etc. Sure I know, perhaps Ice Cube's intentions are good, etc. He's just taking them to the wrong gotdamn person! I wonder why he never set up a national black forum to make his point, etc. Then why he never took it to Obama. etc. Talking about this clown 50 cents, perhaps having money can often blind a black man to his own color, etc. It's only been how many years since the slaves were freed? While here today, these black men with a lil fame and money are going again to the white oppressors instead of talking it to their own ethnic group of black people, aka: human beings. Perhaps both of them are still inflicted with this "slave mentality." I rest my case.... Gfb, gone....
    I like what you said here and I totally agree. What amaze me about Black entertainers that are financially secure,,,,why DON'T these
    MISGUIDED black entertainers contact other Black financially secure entertainer SUCH AS; Oprah Winfrey, Spike Lee, Steve Harvey, Lebron James, and countless other B LA C K millionaires/billionares. Why do they always run to Whitey???
    There's more than enough black entertainers with money to make shyt right for themselves and the black community,,,,INVEST their collective money in enterprises that aide/assist and LIFT black people as a whole.
  • One thing for sure the black folk have the funds to create such a national forum that aids and enhances the black commuinity in so many ways, etc. But they are lacking in mental skills which allows them to run to the white oppressor for assistance. We apparently will never be able to sit down among ourselves and collectively work together for advanced Black Achievement. Buy into and build black corporations, etc. Assist poor black communities with neighborhood rehabilitations. etc. But they choose to run to our white oppressors, etc. Trump don't give a crap about the plight of Black's in America! gotta run....
  • Yeah, we're lost in that we (black folk) can't seem to find a way to rely on each other to find our independence from YT. I remember Oprah took her charitable pennies to Africa - not saying Africa couldn't use some financial influx, but, Oprah turned her back on black children in this country. Her complaint was Black Children didn't want to learn thay just wanted air-jordan tennis shoes and I-pads. We lumped ALL BLACK children into One category. WOW!
  • Yeah, we're lost in that we (black folk) can't seem to find a way to rely on each other to find our independence from YT. I remember Oprah took her charitable pennies to Africa - not saying Africa couldn't use some financial influx, but, Oprah turned her back on black children in this country. Her complaint was Black Children didn't want to learn thay just wanted air-jordan tennis shoes and I-pads. We lumped ALL BLACK children into One category. WOW!

Well darling, there's a littttttle more to it. Go here: https://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/oprah

...and get back to me. Sure, I do get your thoughts and feelings about it, and she damn sure could have kept that to herself for a few reasons I can think of and the first one is a kinda shitty one if for no other reason for tipping the scales to any/many white people a nice excuse and a reason not to do this n' that because, "well...Oprah said this about so-and-so and now we have a pretty good excuse/reason to not do this or that because again. she-said-who-shot john.". Feel me?
    And then too and while we're on it...take a guess once you see their names and, take a look at/or imagine what their incomes might well be (hint, hint) you'll see another motive for their "generosity and good will". Sure, it's very legit, but it ain't ALL about just helping thy neighbor. It'll click-on immediately like a light bulb to you...bet'cha.

• Greg wrote: »
    Yeah, we're lost in that we (black folk) can't seem to find a way to rely on each other to find our independence from YT. I remember Oprah took her charitable pennies to Africa - not saying Africa couldn't use some financial influx, but, Oprah turned her back on black children in this country. Her complaint was Black Children didn't want to learn thay just wanted air-jordan tennis shoes and I-pads. We lumped ALL BLACK children into One category. WOW!

Well darling, there's a littttttle more to it. Go here: https://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/oprah

...and get back to me. Sure, I do get your thoughts and feelings about it, and she damn sure could have kept that to herself for a few reasons I can think of and the first one is a kinda shitty one if for no other reason for tipping the scales to any/many white people a nice excuse and a reason not to do this n' that because, "well...Oprah said this about so-and-so and now we have a pretty good excuse/reason to not do this or that because again. she-said-who-shot john.". Feel me?
    And then too and while we're on it...take a guess once you see their names and, take a look at/or imagine what their incomes might well be (hint, hint) you'll see another motive for their "generosity and good will". Sure, it's very legit, but it ain't ALL about just helping thy neighbor. It'll click-on immediately like a light bulb to you...bet'cha.
    You can be Oprah's cheerleading section if it makes you all 'warm & fuzzy' inside.... I can miss that, in otherwords,,,it's no skin off of my shin....or whatever the familar adage is.

My point is/was, Oprah made a negative comment in regards to black children, she sarcastically with negative connotations lumped young black children in her 'Bag of Nothingness'; I have no regard for Oprah Winfrey and that's a receipt.

Yeah, we're lost in that we (black folk) can't seem to find a way to rely on each other to find our independence from YT. I remember Oprah took her charitable pennies to Africa - not saying Africa couldn't use some financial influx, but, Oprah turned her back on black children in this country. Her complaint was Black Children didn't want to learn thay just wanted air-jordan tennis shoes and I-pads. We lumped ALL BLACK children into One category. WOW!

You can be Oprah's cheerleading section if it makes you all 'warm & fuzzy' inside.... I can miss that, in other words, it's no skin off of my shin....or whatever the familiar adage is.

My point is/was, Oprah made a negative comment in regards to black children, she sarcastically with negative connotations lumped young black children in her 'Bag of Nothingness'; I have no regard for Oprah Winfrey and that's a receipt.

I agree with you, Oprah is a tough, business woman who puts herself first and her own blacks last. I always thought that she a selfish person and one would think that she learned her lesson of white backlash when she did the film Beloved. Whites came after her with a vengence as they do not like to see films about slavery. She had to take sometime to recover from that one, but did she learn how fickle whites can be in their support? No, she didn't, she still panders to them, after all they are her core supporters as most of them can afford her pay-for-view channel.
  • edited November 2020
    I agree with you, Oprah is a tough, business woman who puts herself first and her own blacks last. I always thought that she a selfish person and one would think that she learned her lesson of white backlash when she did the film Beloved. Whites came after her with a vengence as they do not like to see films about slavery. She had to take sometime to recover from that one, but did she learn how fickle whites can be in their support? No, she didn't, she still panders to them, after all they are her core supporters as most of them can afford her pay-for-view channel.

I absolutely agree, she's a white folks N_ _ _ _... she has always pandered to them, K know she feels her success is directly attributed to them,,,,(and it does) but, when she turned her back on the young black children here in america.....and took her charitable pennies to South Africa,,,saying the young african girls appreciate her funding more than the american black children (AS A WHOLE),,,was slap in every young black child in american. There were many young black children wanting to learn, trying to learn in sub-par schools where they were subjected to a few bad seeds in every bunch, but, Oprah couldn't show any compassion for the young black children trapped in the failing schools....so she decided to group all the black children in america into One Huge Barrel and it was truly Ugly, and for that reason alone,,,, I will never be able to embrace Oprah Winfrey......Never!
  • Whoa, whoa! "You can be Oprah's cheer leading section if it makes you all 'warm & fuzzy' inside.... I can miss that, in other words,,,it's no skin off of my skin....or whatever the familiar adage is.". Back Up. a taste. Better yet, show me where I played OW's cheerleader. Seriously, where. My my words and show it to me in a copy and paste.

1. I started off in her ass. Greg: '...she damn sure could have kept that to herself for a few reasons...'.
    2. '... (me again) a kinda shitty one if for no other reason for tipping the scales to any/many white people a nice excuse and a reason not to do this n' that because, "well...Oprah said this about so-and-so and now we have a pretty good excuse/reason to not do this or that because again. she-said-who-shot john.". Feel me?'.
    3. You didn't fell me in the message. ^ Read 2, again^ Carefully. Does that sound like I'm hoo-rhaaaaing her? Really? Seriously? I even said in #2 I was going to be "shitty", and I MEANT IT.
    4. I even spelled it out front and center: 'take a guess once you see their names and, take a look at/or imagine what their incomes might well be (hint, hint) you'll see another motive for their "generosity and good will". Sure, it's very legit, but it ain't ALL about just helping thy neighbor. '.

Now, just like you and Nandi know about Oop's not supporting Black in the USA, what makes either of you think I didn't? You ever see me in the ole' BV give her ANY props whatsoever that you both can recall? Nope, or call me a liar and prove it up. Oh shit, Now I remember, I did, once or twice, but separately.
    1, I was clowning her about Syeddy gettin' pussy on the sneak-tip...and fuckin' GAYLE.
    2. I was chatting with (Tony...triceeps) or on the phone, I forgot. which. It was something about her studio and the cutie-pies he saw runnin' up in there. Tone lives not too far from there IIRC.
  • Don't mind me.............I have a blind sensitive spot whenever I hear the Name Oprah Winfrey and whereas all my Sound reasoning goes out the Window.
    I was Not trying to be harsh with you.. I just don't like that Broad nor Steadman. Lol .
  • Hey, and on the QT...can I copy a pic from My Pictures and Paste it on here, or what?
  • Don't mind me.............I have a blind sensitive spot whenever I hear the Name Oprah Winfrey and whereas all my Sound reasoning goes out the Window.
    I was Not trying to be harsh with you.. I just don't like that Broad nor Steadman. Lol .

Naah-naah, sista. Hell To Da' Naah! Hurt my feelin's and shit. Immo remeber that mess,

LMMFAO!!!

• We..lets see if pasting works. Down the street from Mom & Pops back in LA parking and Ms Kat took the pic...b4s6e0ujt0kg.png
  • Ooo! Just saw the roll about IceTea and Trump. Consider this, and this is just my idea...

If I wanted to out Trump's ass in a ringer; and also if I was him with his kind of notoriety, I'd do the same things he did. Why? Give it some thought. What would be reeeeeal nice to make his popularity dwindle? Think about it. First, look at the number (take a guess for kicks). Now, consider this. This election was destined to be a close on from the get-go. Here's the good part...

...we (BF's) know that in BIG numbers who/or what kinds,of mofoze back Trump. right? Can we say that a good number of them are racists? Damn straight we can! Now, if I had T's $$$ and juice, I'd back Trump too. The Reason? I'd bet anyone dollars to donuts when those racists had some kind of fit when they saw/heard T was in with Trump. You think T's flicks are attended by redneck pecker woods?! I don't. I can give'ya all kinds of reasons why they'd hate T's LIVIN' GUTS and starting with...Fame...$$$$$$$$...and clowning the shit out of WP in his flicks. Ya'll gotta remember where he came from before being involuntary bused to Whittier to go to high school out THERE. Fuckin' Whitter?! Back THEN on top of THAT?! He and his folks lived in Compton. On Piru Street...that's where PiruRed's nick came from . Remember him? I could wax more. But, give it some thought. Why in the world would all/some of these Black artists back Trump? Most are already rich. Don't ya'll think kinda-sorta-maybe one, two, all of them consider "hmmmm...what's the best way to fuck him up? Hmmmm. Can you think of a better way than to back him, and his dumb non-ghetto livin' ass hasn't be close to one, or ever go there for any amount of time or good reason? Remember, pissing off Trump's base may lead to NOT voting for him...I hope.

I just HOPE that if one of em' caught the idea and pulled it off successfully...somebody writes a book or script on it. Sometimes, thinking "out the box" is a good thing. We'll see, I guess.
  • I understand your 'pov' and frankly I don't necessairly Disagree with your comments on why 'the Cube', '50 cents' went that route, clearly it was their prerogative, however, it seems to me they took the selfish route and turned their back on black people -
    people that help to promote their asses to stardom. At some point black folk just got to learn the imperative lesson of "Standing Together".
  • I understand your 'pov' and frankly I don't necessarily Disagree with your comments on why 'the Cube', '50 cents' went that route, clearly it was their prerogative, however, it seems to me they took the selfish route and turned their back on black people -
    people that help to promote their asses to stardom. At some point black folk just got to learn the imperative lesson of "Standing Together".

I get that, too. It's certainly possible on the face of things. Darling, are you familiar with the following terms? All are quotes. From who? Clueless.
    1. "Taking one for the team.". In this case w/them, Black People.
    2. A sacrifice In baseball its a hit meant to get oneself out, or another, tagged-out to bring another, sometimes two, to home plate...AKA..."A Sacrifice Fly".
    3. A Banzai (Japanese) Charge. In short, a "balls to the wall" move that'll likely get you and anyone else in the mix killed for a higher purpose.

I sure wouldn't bet my Life on it, but then too, I wouldn't bet against it either. One thing is certain tho' methinks. Both knew there would be be flack behind it. How much and to what degree and consequence is unknown at this point.
  • basicreasoningbasicreasoning 7:38AM
    I read Cube's comments and he's pandering to a man/administration that have for decades shown his disdain for black people.
    IMO, Cube could make the same concerted effort with his fellow rapper celebrities, create a contract with them to totally invest in the black community, start a 'star search' for 'minority' talent, teach them the trade of hollywood'in... start an investment company,
    promote black investments in black-owned companies.......there are countless ways these (wealthy) black entertainers can began to uplift the black community - without asking for crumbs from a redneck racist.

If we were to make a list of all the black athletes, celebrities, artist, their collective wealth would stagger most imaginations.
    Tyler Perry decided in recent years that he needed to branch out - reach out to white actors/actresses.....so he started making movies that incorporated well-known white talent (BUT) Perry never dissed black people in the process, he collectively utilized well-known black talent to appear in these movies as well.

My views about Ice Cube's ambition might be myopic..................but, someone would have to make me see things differently. In my view Cube is a sellout, thinking primarily of himself.
  • Well, darling. You've by now have read my mea culpa in PM. Gotta tell you tho...I was shocked to see what I found-out. You see, I admit to being a hopeless romantic and some times; like this one, going overbroad on the optimism side of things and it blew-up in my face. I would have ALMOST et my life that any mofo originally raised in Compton would have seen it coming a mile away. THAT'S what baffles and shames me the most.
    We..lets see if pasting works. Down the street from Mom & Pops back in LA parking and Ms Kat took the pic...b4s6e0ujt0kg.png
    Greg, like the car and the sunshades. You are indeed blessed to have Kat in your life.
  • HELL YEAH! Some friends JP and triceeps are...sheeeeeeit. When I was searching for a bride...you should have seen what them rotten mofoze tried to hook me up with.
    Chicks on PAROLE.
    Mofettes on the STROLL!
    One I could have SWORN I saw on a damn WANTED POSTER!
    Another one...JEEEZUS! Came back in my car...pulled-out a plastic cup...AND PISSED IN IT! Why? Get ready. "Today's my urinalysis-test. But I ain't SHOT UP any dope since a week ago; I THINK, so I'm good to go.".
    Some friends I got, right? Sheeeeeeeeit!
    HELL YEAH! Some friends JP and triceeps are...sheeeeeeit. When I was searching for a bride...you should have seen what them rotten mofoze tried to hook me up with.
    Chicks on PAROLE.
    Mofettes on the STROLL!
    One I could have SWORN I saw on a damn WANTED POSTER!
    Another one...JEEEZUS! Came back in my car...pulled-out a plastic cup...AND PISSED IN IT! Why? Get ready. "Today's my urinalysis-test. But I ain't SHOT UP any dope since a week ago; I THINK, so I'm good to go.".
    Some friends I got, right? Sheeeeeeeeit!

You never cease to me laugh. Thanks for being funny.
  • Ahhhhhh shit. Here we go. OK, lets get it over with short and sweet, as possible. Sigh and me hooked up. We talked about you for a good minute, but the long and short of it is you've been...

qvytizjlfkwc.png

I know...I know. You'll get over it *I hope* . It was just one of them things, 'cuz. I swear. I went to church and prayed for you...sure did.
    She went shopping for lingerer, Teddy's, and more camisoles. What was I supposed to do?
  • "goddamn it I’m back brother 😎". And I'm glad you are. Now, we can get out fool on! B)
  • I tried to warn you about her man but I see it's too late🤣🤣🤣

Man, you ok? We are - I'm bouncing in and out of here so excuse me if I don't reply right away. This rascal keeps me busy

• https://blackvisions.org/Community/discussion/comment/688#Comment_688
    https://blackvisions.org/Community/discussion/comment/679#Comment_679
    I tried to warn you about her man but I see it's too late🤣🤣🤣
    Man, you ok? We are - I'm bouncing in and out of here so excuse me if I don't reply right away. This rascal keeps me busy
    https://blackvisions.org/Community/uploads/747/1S0K2TQUXJNT.jpeg

Yep...she's a handful...I PRESUME. LOL!!!!
    Damn Sam! What a fine looking GS! His/Her name?
    Oh, and I get it about the in and outs. These days the older girls home-school the boys. Me? I'm the Vice Principal aka The Hatchet Man.

• strAightalk1strAightalk1 AUGUSTA, GEORGIA
    basicreasoningbasicreasoning 7:38AM
    I read Cube's comments and he's pandering to a man/administration that have for decades shown his disdain for black people.
    IMO, Cube could make the same concerted effort with his fellow rapper celebrities, create a contract with them to totally invest in the black community, start a 'star search' for 'minority' talent, teach them the trade of hollywood'in... start an investment company,
    promote black investments in black-owned companies.......there are countless ways these (wealthy) black entertainers can began to uplift the black community - without asking for crumbs from a redneck racist.

If we were to make a list of all the black athletes, celebrities, artist, their collective wealth would stagger most imaginations.
    Tyler Perry decided in recent years that he needed to branch out - reach out to white actors/actresses.....so he started making movies that incorporated well-known white talent (BUT) Perry never dissed black people in the process, he collectively utilized well-known black talent to appear in these movies as well.

My views about Ice Cube's ambition might be myopic..................but, someone would have to make me see things differently. In my view Cube is a sellout, thinking primarily of himself.

:o
  • Truth? I probably wouldn't have even known about what Ice Cube was trying to do if it wasn't for the controversy of what was misinterpreted as an endorsement. And he seemed genuinely upset that people were putting him on Trump's side. But I think what he was trying to say is that his vote is "gettable".

Here's the thing.

If your vote isn't up for grabs then you're in the weakest position.

Think about it.

The opposite side has no reason to appeal to you or make any offer.

The side you're on doesn't have to do anything to keep you either.

So saying your vote is gettable means that the more the opposite side does to try and sway you the more your own side needs to do to keep you.

Also... the way politics work, we put our faith in Democrats who do little for us politically speaking because they know it will get blocked by the other side. But because our vote isn't "gettable" the other side has no reason to pass those measures or even pretend to care about us. So it makes it harder for our side to get anything done, simply because we're so entrenched.

The DNC thinks we already "have a deal" and therefore there's really no real negotiation outside of lip service.

And because of the polar opposition republicans are seeing black people on the opposite side as them, which in many places in America, is terrible for us because even if they don't see us as the enemy, but rather "liberals" then they're seeing us on the same side. And so the fact they can assume our political views to a high degree means they also know if they give us jobs we're using their money to support their enemy and an agenda (higher taxes and spending) they're fundamentally terrified of. It's like inviting more racism against us, when it's more so about class and political agenda.

So theoretically, I would like our votes to look "gettable".
  • Man based on your theory black folk are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
    IMO, blacks are in one of the best positions we've ever been in,. that's why the republicans are doing everything in their political power to shut out the black vote,. If black folk ever embrace the power of unity,. republicans will absolutely lose their minds.

Black cannot allow white folks and/or republicans trick us into dividing our vote.
    Stacy Abrams ignited the vote in Georgia and now the republicans are trying their damnedest to stop the black vote.9

So I get your 'pov',. I just disagree.
  • Man based on your theory black folk are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
    IMO, blacks are in one of the best positions we've ever been in,. that's why the republicans are doing everything in their political power to shut out the black vote,. If black folk ever embrace the power of unity,. republicans will absolutely lose their minds.

Black cannot allow white folks and/or republicans trick us into dividing our vote.
    Stacy Abrams ignited the vote in Georgia and now the republicans are trying their damnedest to stop the black vote.9

So I get your 'pov',. I just disagree.

I agree with you, the Republicans are determined to see that President Biden only has a one-term presidency, I read that they are already redrawing districts, which is called gerrymandering, in order to split the black vote and insert white districts. I never thought that a political party could be so evil, they are puppets on a string doing whatever he wants them to do, and that is to destroy social justice in this country,

Trump imagines himself to be some sort of demi-god, controlling the Republicans from behind the scenes, these twits are scared of this man, he sees himself back in the White House, but criminals are not allowed to run this country and he should have been impeached long ago, tried for high treason and contemplating his time in jail. He has too much freedom.